Cleanup and Roof Damage Repair Executed After Heavy Hail & Rain Storms In Caldwell County, NC, May 26, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Torrential downpours, flooding, funnel clouds and hail shut down power for thousands of customers in the Caldwell County, North Carolina area on Thursday, May 26, late in the afternoon, according to Fox46 News. Schools were closed or had delayed openings as the storms rolled through the night into Friday morning.
There was a report of a tornado on the ground, near Love Valley in nearby Iredell County and quarter-size hail in Caldwell County, as well as Cherokee, Cleveland, Burke, Wilkes, Catawba, and Iredell Counties.
This storm was almost as bad as the one that hit a little further east in the Maryland-Delaware area 10 days ago, on May 16th. The residents in that area had never seen hail as big as they did on that day.
Large hail driven against roofs and sidings, by high winds, can cause severe damage, which will let in water during heavy rainfall that occurred in this storm. Water damage brings in molds and mildews, as well as weakens building structures. RestoreMasters is in the Caldwell County area to assist with emergency repairs, providing coverings for roofs by shrink wrapping or using tarp.
The local hail and wind map shows heavy wind (gray) adjacent to the hail storm, that dropped 1” hail (yellow). The southern area of the hail storm brought golf-ball-sized hail (orange).
Local social media shows images and videos posted by weather centers and residents of the area:
A friend of mine took this picture of quarter-sized hail near Salem Church Rd and East Main St in Lincolnton, NC. She said hail was pouring for about 10 minutes. @NWSGSP @wxbrad @Coulter_wx @AlConklin @JMyersWeather @SUdelsonWSOC9 pic.twitter.com/gdY5GUP7pu— Justin Ballard (@JustinBallardWx) May 26, 2022
The NOAA National Weather Service’s storm incident report and map indicate large hail and wind damage in Caldwell County, NC and surrounding counties.
- Love Valley: EF-2 tornado, touched down near Tuckers Grove Road and moved northeast, snapping and uprooting trees, one person injured,
- Granite Falls: Golf ball sized hail reported
- High Shoals: Quarter sized hail reported
- Shelby: Tree down on a house
- Rhodhiss: Tree down on a house
- Granite Falls: Shed damage from high winds.
- Windy Gap: Tree down on Fishing Creek Road
- Newton: Trees down on power lines near Startown Elementary School
- Clingman: Four trees down on Old Highway 421
- Hays: Tree down.
RestoreMasters encourages property owners to be very careful when inspecting or cleaning up buildings after heavy storms, especially if there has been flooding or heavy water damage. It does not take long for black mold to begin, especially in warm, damp weather. Be sure to wear proper PPE to reduce exposure to unhealthy molds and mildews. RestoreMasters has expertise in clean up of this type as well as temporary and permanent repairs and restorations.
Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Winds as low as 50 mph can cause some older roofs to be damaged. The intensity of roof damage is determined by various factors: the velocity and impact of flying debris, the quality of the original installation, the building height and location in relation to other buildings, the angle and shape of the roof, and the material used on the roof.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor