Commercial Roof Inspections Billings, MT for Hail Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on July 24, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
A fast-moving storm pounded Billings, MT, on Sunday, July 24th, with high winds driving hail into buildings and a deluge of rain drenching the region. Significant property damage was inflicted, and commercial roof inspections are needed to identify leaks, implement emergency roof repair and expedite insurance claims. RestoreMasters deployed commercial roof inspection services crews to Billings to help property owners avoid unnecessary losses.
“A powerful storm passed over the Billings area beginning about 7 p.m. Sunday, bringing dime-sized hail that stripped the leaves from trees, pounded crops, and in some areas dented cars and shredded vinyl siding,” the Billings Gazette reported. “High winds tore the awnings off some businesses and blew some trees and branches into streets. More than a half-an-inch of rain fell in minutes, flooding streets and sidewalks.”
When hailstone strikes are coupled with torrential downpours, rain infiltrates a commercial building’s roof deck, weakening rafters, load-bearing walls, and spurring hazardous mold growths. That’s why property owners and managers are advised to request a complimentary roof inspection.
A local hail damage map shows fronts over Billings, north of Hardin, and one just south of Route 212 between Crow Agency and Busby. The yellow sections point to hail up to 1.25 inches in diameter making ground fall. The orange portions covering Billings indicate hailstones up to 1.75 inches struck automobiles and rooftops.
Hail storm images and videos posted on social media:
The National Weather Service high wind and hailstorm damage map for Sunday, July 24th, shows concentrated severe weather across Pennsylvania, New York, and New England, with isolated events in the Carolinas and Montana. A full accounting indicates 200 high wind incidents and eight hailstorms occurred within 24 hours. Traditional news and social media platforms reported the following wind and hail damage to roofing systems and other property losses in Yellowstone and neighboring counties.
- Billings: Yellowstone County sustained multiple hailstone strikes with ice the size of ping pong balls battering rooftops. High winds reportedly neared 70 mph as commercial buildings sustained damage to siding, awnings, and torn roof shingles. Dozens of buildings were without power and traffic signals were knocked offline as mature trees fell across roads.
- Rapelje: The Stillwater County town was blanketed by hail the size of mothballs. Strong wind gusts snapped tree limbs and sent debris flying into structures.
More than 1.5 inches of rain reportedly fell during the destructive storm, tripling the previous daily record. That much damage and moisture typically result in a leaking roof and scheduling a prompt commercial roof inspection helps identify problem areas to demonstrate losses to insurance companies. RestoreMasters sent emergency roof repair and inspection specialists to Bismarck, ND, for wind damage insurance claims after a storm hit on June 19, 2022.
Severe storms, bringing hail, strong winds, or tornadoes can cause severe roof damage, by ripping off roofing systems. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. Several factors will determine the severity of roof damage: the height of the building and proximity to nearby structures, the quality of work by the original installers, the shape and angle of the roof, the age and type of roofing materials, and the impact from debris.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Mitigation
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor