Commercial Roof Inspections Bismarck, ND for Hail Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on July 21, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Residents in Bismarck, ND, were reeling after a pair of hailstorms pounded rooftops on Thursday, July 21st. With early weather forecasts calling for only a 20 percent chance of rain, the massive late-day hailstone strikes caught people in residential neighborhoods and business districts off guard.
“The Bismarck Mandan area went into a Severe Thunderstorm Warning at 4:15 pm Thursday afternoon. That storm brought heavy rain to northeast Bismarck and dropped hailstones as big as tennis balls as reported by the National Weather Service,” US 103.3 FM radio reported. “Our studios in Mandan saw very little rain, but we did have an impressive hail outburst at about 4:45 as hailstones as big as golf balls were pounding the strip (including my truck).”
RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection services and emergency repair teams in the area. Property owners impacted by hard ice hits are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection. Hail making impact at high speeds dents metal panels, cracks shingle, and tears flat roofing systems, leading to water damage.
A local hail damage map shows long bands of intense weather sweeping across North Dakota from I-94 to Route 12. The yellows sections show hail up to 1.25 inches in diameter making ground fall. The light orange areas point to ice stones as large as 1.75 inches inflicting hail damage on roofs and automobiles. But the dark orange swaths over Bismarck, New Salem, and Breien indicate ice chunks upwards of 2.5 inches inflicted heavy hail property damage.
Storm images and videos posted on social media by residents and news centers:
The National Weather Service high wind and hailstorm damage map for Thursday, July 21st, shows concentrated storm systems over North Dakota, South Dakota, New England, New York, Alabama, Mississippi, and the Carolinas. All told, the country experienced 342 high-wind storms and 91 hailstone incidents during a 24-hour period. Mainstream news outlets and social media reports indicate Bismarck, North Dakota, and the surrounding area suffered extensive hail damage on roofs.
- Bismarck: The Capital took a relentless hailstone beating of more than 30 minutes. The largest chunks of hard ice rivaled the size of tennis balls and likely left a wake of roof damage.
- Fredonia: One-inch hail pelted agricultural structures and left significant crop damage.
- Jamestown: Social media reports indicated hailstones nearly the size of hen eggs battered the region.
- Kulm: Hail the size of quarters blanketed Mcintosh County.
- Lincoln: Hail the size of hen eggs pelted automobiles and commercial roofs.
- Moffit: Hailstone strikes the size of limes pounded the area, resulting in property and roof hail damage.
- Napoleon: Eyewitness reports cited golf ball-sized hammering Logan County.
- Ypsilanti: Hail with white cores pounded Stutsman County, ranging from ping pong ball-sized to half dollars. Severe thunderstorms and driving rain may require emergency roof repair to avoid unnecessary water damage.
- Zeeland: Wind speeds of 65 mph were accompanied by heavy rains.
Opting for a commercial roof inspection remains a critical step following a hailstorm. Roof damage in the form of cracked panels, torn shingles, or loosened sealants leads to water damage and hazardous mold growths. RestoreMasters worked diligently to implement emergency roof repair and inspection services after South Dakota and Iowa suffered through the catastrophic derecho storm on July 5, 2022.
Severe storms, bringing hail, strong winds, or tornadoes can cause severe roof damage, by ripping off roofing systems.
Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour.
Several factors will determine the severity of roof damage: the height of the building and proximity to nearby structures, the quality of work by the original installers, the shape and angle of the roof, the age and type of roofing materials, and the impact from debris.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind.
If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) are covered with a durable shrink-wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place. That way you can prevent mold growth from water intrusion.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map.
Many storm damage symptoms are not always evident immediately.
And deadlines from insurance companies could hinder you from filing a claim later.
Give us a call today, if the building on your property recently was damaged from wind, fallen trees, hail, collapsed roof or any other storm-related damage.
We are a disaster restoration contractor providing damage restoration from hail, tornadoes, fire and flood. RestoreMasters responds to disaster emergencies by repairing roofing systems of commercial and residential buildings, starting with temporary solutions using tarp or shrink wrap to prevent leaks, until more permanent solutions are decided upon. We also assist with debris cleanup, water removal, burst pipe damage repair, water damage building restoration, tornado damage roofing & restoration, hurricane damage roofing & restoration, mold remediation, interior restoration and reconstruction, and many other services to rebuild your damaged property. We also provide fire & smoke damage restoration.
Contact RestoreMasters if you need help fixing storm damage.
Our team of large loss insurance claim experts works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back to pre-storm condition.
A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
We provide the following roofing services: TPO roofing repair, metal roofing replacement, tile roofing hail & wind damge repair, slate roofing replacement, asphalt shingle roofing repair from tornado damage, EPDM roofing restoration, roof coatings, torch down roofing, BUR roofing replacement, SBS-modified roofing repair, PVC roofing restoration.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor