Commercial Roof Inspections in Bismarck, ND for Wind Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on June 19, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
High winds inflicted extensive property and roof damage around Bismarck, ND, on Sunday, June 19th, from a storm that may have broken the state’s back. As emergency roof repair crews moved in to secure buildings, Gov. Doug Burgum called for $57 million in federal aid to fix public infrastructure after a battery of severe spring storms wreaked havoc across North Dakota. RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection services experts in Bismarck to implement emergency roof repair techniques and prevent further losses.
“This strong, discrete thunderstorm, called a supercell, tracked all the way from northeast Wyoming (where a tornado was observed) through northwest South Dakota and into North Dakota, before ending up in the Bismarck area,” Fox affiliate KFYR Channel 5 reported. “You can see how the storm reports follow a line as this supercell tracked from the southwest to the northeast, producing hail and damaging wind.”
Commercial property owners are urged to promptly request a complimentary roof inspection before insurance adjusters become overwhelmed with claims. A commercial roof inspection documents the post-windstorm roof damage that can help expedite the process.
A local wind property damage map shows a massive light and dark gray supercell stretching across Burleigh County. The extreme wind front stretches from Lark, across Bismarck, and northeast beyond Wing. The light gray areas indicate high winds able to tear off asphalt shingles and loosen metal roofing systems. But the dark swath hovering over the Greater Bismarck area points to straight-line winds nearing hurricane force.
High winds cause damage throughout the area, and storm reports by residents and news centers show up in local social media:
The National Weather Service tornado, hail, and high wind damage map for Sunday, June 19th, illustrates waves of storms sweeping through North Dakota, South Dakota, and a cluster in northern Utah. Isolated storm fronts peppered other areas of the Lower 48. All told, the country suffered one tornado, 25 hailstone strikes, and 80 high wind incidents. Wide-reaching sources highlight the wind damage inflicted on Bismarck and nearby communities.
- Bismarck: Winds reached 70 mph in neighborhoods and business districts. The Bismarck Airport took damage from 62-mph winds.
- Denhoff: Sheridan County sustained damage from winds upwards of 71 mph.
- Hague: Gusts hit 60 mph, tearing at shingles and snapping tree limbs.
- Hull: Parts of Emmons County experienced wind gusts upwards of 60 mph.
- Mandan: Wind speeds ramped up from 59 mph to 69 mph overnight, leaving residents assessing roof damage in the morning.
- Wishek: High winds neared 70 mph in parts of Mcintosh County and large trees were downed.
As the governor seeks federal assistance to clean up the wreckage left by unprecedented spring storms, agricultural, industrial, retail, and office building owners are advised to have a commercial roof inspection conducted. Cracked panels, torn shingles, and impacted sealants can lead to water damage. Property insurance typically covers roof damage when backed by a commercial roof inspection services firm.
RestoreMasters dispatched emergency roof repair crews to Belle Fourche and Western South Dakota after high winds and hail strikes devastated the region on June 12, 2022.
Tornadoes, hail, and even strong winds can cause severe wind damage to roofing systems. Winds as low as 50 mph can cause some older roofs to be damaged. The intensity of roof damage is determined by various factors: the velocity and impact of flying debris, the quality of the original installation, the building height and location in relation to other buildings, the angle and shape of the roof, and the material used on the roof.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor