Commercial Roof Inspections in Brainerd, MN for Hail Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on June 23, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Multiple hailstone strikes battered Brainerd, MN, Thursday, June 23rd, tasking commercial property owners with affecting emergency roof repair before heavy rains exacerbate the damage. Hail the size of baseballs struck business districts across Crow Wing County and a commercial roof inspection will be needed to fast-track insurance claims. RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection services and repair professionals in the Brainerd area.
“At least three separate periods of hail fell in Brainerd, while to the south, hail and heavy rain occurred multiple times. Winds appeared to be strong enough to cause tree damage as well, though the extent was not known Thursday night,” the Brainerd Dispatch reported. “A 51 mph wind gust just before 7 p.m. was recorded at the Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport, according to a preliminary report from the weather service.”
Commercial building owners and property managers are advised to request a complimentary roof inspection to document the damage to ensure you receive a full, fair settlement.
A local hail damage map shows five hailstorm systems clustered in the Brainerd, MN, area. The yellow sections point to hailstones up to 1.25 inches peppering communities. The light orange areas indicate ice as large as 1.75 inches in diameter pelted rooftops. The dark orange areas demonstrate hail 2.5 inches around battered automobiles and inflicted roof damage.
High winds and hailstones cause damage throughout the area, and storm reports by residents cover social media:
The National Weather Service tornado, high wind, and hailstorm damage map highlights dense storms moving across Central Minnesota, with largely isolated severe weather events across the country. A full account of the extreme weather lists six tornados, 48 wind storms, and 40 hailstone strikes on Thursday, June 23rd. Traditional and social media reports confirm Crow Wing County took heavy property and hail roof damage.
- Baxter: Hailstones as large as hen eggs inflicted roof damage during the evening as high winds snapped tree limbs.
- Brainerd: Repeatedly struck by fast-moving hailstorms, the Crow Wing County Seat saw extensive roof damage across business districts. Strong wind gusts snapped mature trees as high as five feet from the root systems.
- Cushing: Morrison County experienced hail as large as ping pong balls making landfall.
- Fort Ripley: The Crow Wing County village took repeated hailstone hits, with ice the size of baseballs slamming roofs and automobiles.
- Ironton: Businesses along Highway 210 sustained hits from ice the size of quarters.
- Lawler: Multiple trees were toppled as wind gusts ripped through Aitkin County.
- Palisade: Quarter-sized hail pelted Aitkin County after 8 pm.
- Pillager: Hail the size of golf balls cracked asphalt shingles and dented metal roofing systems.
- Saint Mathias: Baseball-sized hailstones struck buildings as residents took shelter.
- Tamarack: Social media reports show hail the size of ping pong balls blanketed the area.
When metal panels, low-slope or flat roofs sustain multiple hailstone strikes, it’s increasingly likely tears, dents, and compromised areas will allow rain to penetrate. Scheduling a prompt commercial roof inspection can avert unnecessary water damage.
RestoreMasters put emergency roof repair crews in the field after Madison, Milwaukee, and Southern Wisconsin suffered hail and wind roof damage on June 13, 2022.
Severe storms, bringing hail, strong winds, or tornadoes can cause severe roof damage, by ripping off roofing systems. Older roofs are susceptible to severe wind damage, by winds as low as 50 mph. The intensity of roof damage is determined by various factors: the velocity and impact of flying debris, the quality of the original installation, the building height and location in relation to other buildings, the angle and shape of the roof, and the material used on the roof.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor