Commercial Roof Inspections in Chicago, IL for Wind Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on June 13, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Wind speeds topped 90 mph in the Greater Chicago area as a tornado struck Monday, June 13th, displacing apartment tenants in need of emergency roof repair. The twister reportedly tore through the Northwest suburb of Schaumburg, known for its massive Woodfield Mall, while others suffered heavy commercial property damage. RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection services and repair teams in Chicago ready to help secure buildings before mold and water damage cause further losses.
“Damaging winds tore through the Chicago area Monday, with gusts over 80 mph knocking down trees and sending millions to shelter as tornado sirens wailed. An EF-0 was confirmed by the National Weather Service from Schaumburg to Roselle after they completed a storm survey Tuesday. They noted the tornado was flanked on its western side by a swath of severe straight-line winds,” Fox 32 Chicago reported. “Both O’Hare and Midway Airports issued ground stops as strong winds were recorded at the airports. Just outside of Chicago in Maywood, there was a report of an entire roof knocked off a 3rd-floor apartment building.”
In the Bellwood suburb, an apartment complex had the entire roof torn off. All impacted commercial property owners are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection to fast-track insurance claims and get the emergency roof repair necessary to reopen.
A local hail, tornado, and high wind damage map shows four storm fronts targeting Greater Chicago. A pair of relatively modest yellow cells indicate hailstones up to 1.25 inches in diameter pelted areas northwest of Arlington Heights. A light gray swath over Pingree Grove and across Elgin indicates high winds. The large storm stretching from Schaumburg, IL, to Gary, IN, possessed strong winds, with the dark concentration pointing to hurricane-force blasts.
Images and videos are posted on social media by residents and news centers:
The National Weather Service hailstorm, high wind, and tornado damage map for Monday, June 13th, shows destructive weather events in Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, South Dakota, and Illinois. All told, 54 hailstorms, 372 high wind incidents, and six tornadoes laid waste to buildings now in dire need of a commercial roof inspection and emergency repairs. Traditional and social media reports confirm Greater Chicago sustained the following high wind and tornado storm damage.
- Albany Park: Wind roof damage left buildings with missing shingles and compromised metal and flat roofing systems.
- Auburn-Gresham: Large trees were uprooted, and limbs struck homes and businesses.
- Broadview: Pictures of utility poles snapped and grounded circulated on Twitter.
- Douglas: Mature trees lay strewn across the road on South Lake Park Ave.
- Elk Grove Village: Social media videos show roofing materials blowing off industrial buildings near Louis Avenue and Lively Boulevard.
- Hyde Park: Trees were downed, and cleanup is underway.
- Lincoln Park: A parking garage had an entire wall blow out.
- Navy Pier: Winds gusts reached 61 knots.
- New City: The Chicago section saw hardwood trees toppled into powerlines at 5100 Block of S. Throop Street, according to Twitter reported.
- Northlake: High winds ripped off roof tiles, and windows were shattered.
- Riverside: More than eight buildings sustained significant wind roof damage due to falling trees. Powerlines were also severed, and residents were urged to exercise caution.
- Schaumburg: A tornado touched down and trekked across the Elgin-O`Hare Expressway into Roselle, inflicting heavy roof wind damage.
- Stickney: The Lionel Trains Building suffered structural damage, according to social media reports.
- Westchester: Multiple residential and commercial building roofs took hard impacts from falling trees and flying debris. Wind speeds exceeded 90 mph as two apartment buildings had roofs peeled off, and tenants were displaced. Emergency roof repair is needed before the rain and high temperatures cause mold growths to spread.
It’s essential for property owners to schedule a prompt commercial roof inspection in order to have insurance claims processed quickly. RestoreMasters deployed commercial roof inspection services experts to Oconomowoc, WI, after a storm hit on June 10, 2022.
Some roofing systems can be severely harmed by damage from heavy winds, tornadoes, or hail. Some older roofs can sustain damage from only 50 mph winds. Roof damage can be severe or mild, depending on various factors which include: materials used on the roof, impact of debris, building height and proximity to other buildings, age, angle and shape of the roof and type of roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor