Commercial Roof Inspections in Fort Wayne, Goshen, Northeast Indiana for Wind & Hail Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on June 13, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Fort Wayne recorded its most destructive wind force on Monday, June 13th, as Goshen and Northeast Indiana also suffered devastating property damage, requiring emergency roof repair. The hurricane-force winds propelled hailstones into structures, and emergency roof inspections will be needed as business districts start the building restoration process. RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection services in Fort Wayne, Goshen, and Northeast Indiana, ready to assist with hail and wind roof damage repair.
“Storms packing hurricane-force winds pummeled northeastern Indiana, knocking out power to tens of thousands of customers and causing substantial damage,” according to NBC News in Fort Wayne. “Semis were blown off the road. Westbound US 30 was closed for several hours as one incident was cleared. Downed power lines and trees prevented access to neighborhoods and hampered efforts by utility workers to restore service.”
Commercial property owners are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection to fast-track insurance claims. The first step to recovering from these weather-related losses is by conducting a commercial roof inspection and getting an emergency roof repair quote.
A local hail and wind roof damage map shows a pair of yellow and orange hailstorms passing through Northeast Indiana, indicating ice balls between 1 and 1.75 inches struck homes and commercial buildings. The light gray areas point to intense winds stretching from Elkhart south across Fort Wayne toward Kingsland. A second front stretches across Northeastern Indiana. But the dark concentrations are where record-breaking wind destroyed buildings and rooftops.
Storm images and videos are posted on social media, by residents and news centers:
The National Weather Service tornado, high wind, and hailstorm damage map shows intense storm clusters over Southern Wisconsin, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, and South Dakota. A complete accounting points to six tornadoes, 372 high wind incidents, and 54 hailstorms on Monday, June 13th. Traditional and social media reports affirm Fort Wayne, Goshen, and Northeast Indiana sustained the following wind property damage.
- Arcola: Firefighters evacuated 10 buildings as high winds tore roofs and hail pummeled the region. Roads such as Illinois and Scott were left impassable and train cars were thrown from railroad tracks.
- Cromwell: Areas of Sparta Township were not spared as high wind and hail roof damage losses were reported.
- Decatur: Multiple utility poles were downed, and an electrical fire ensued in Adams County.
- Elkhart: Hail the size of quarters peppered roofs, cracking shingles.
- Fort Wayne: Trees were downed, limbs severed, as trained spotters pegged wind speeds at upwards of 80 mph. One resident was trapped in their damaged home. The Willows of Coventry Apartments Complex reportedly suffered damage that requires emergency roof repair to prevent further losses as quarter-sized hail fell.
- Goshen: Trees more than one foot in diameter were snapped, and limbs damaged roofs.
- Lake Everett: Broken trees and limbs slammed into residential and commercial buildings.
- Merriam: A mature oak tree three feet wide was uprooted and smashed into a shed. Siding from buildings was shredded, and its debris dropped across the community.
- Nine Mile: Record-setting wind speeds of 98 mph were reported from Fort Wayne International Airport. The Skywest Airlines Building suffered structural damage.
- Noble County: Widespread wind damage hit Ligonier, Albion, with County Road 200 and US-5 blocked by fallen trees.
- Poe: Tree limbs a foot in diameter were snapped and blocked the intersection of 500 E. and 1150 N.
- Rolling Hills: Utility poles broke and fell on cars.
- Yoder: Toppled trees reportedly blocked areas of Highway 1 due to wind gusts of 76 mph.
RestoreMasters dispatched commercial roof inspection services and repair specialists to Northern Ohio on June 1, 2022, to aid with the building restoration after high winds and hail-damaged roofs, siding, and gutters.
Tornadoes, hail, and even strong winds can cause severe wind damage to roofing systems.
Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour.
Several factors will determine the severity of roof damage: the height of the building and proximity to nearby structures, the quality of work by the original installers, the shape and angle of the roof, the age and type of roofing materials, and the impact from debris.
It's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment following severe weather like this so that you can determine whether you have roof damage from hail or high winds.
In situations where you've got a leaking roof, experienced disaster roofing contractors can stop the leaks temporarily, by laying tarp or by using a durable shrink-wrap plastic membrane in the affected areas, or even over the entire roof. This will keep your building protected until permanent repairs can take place. This will help prevent mold infestation from water leaks.
If your property was anywhere within the storm damage map, it would be best to get your roof inspected, even if you think your roof was not damaged.
Symptoms of storm damage problems do not always show up immediately.
And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
The types of clients that consistently rely on RestoreMasters to assist them with hail or wind damage to tile roofing includes: all commercial buildings, hospitals, schools, churches, condos, apartments, hotels, resorts, restaurants, dealerships, retail properties, historical homes & buildings, warehouses and industrial properties.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof, or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
We are RestoreMasters, a restoration contractor specializing in wind & hail damage roofing, providing storm damage restoration services including: disaster response, commercial and industrial roofing, tile roof repair, emergency roof repair with tarp or shrink wrap, debris cleanup, water removal, pipe burst cleanup, water damage restoration, tornado damage roofing & restoration.
In addition to that, we respond to disaster situations with: hurricane damage roofing & restoration, mold remediation, interior restoration and construction, windows & doors, and other services to rebuild your property. We also provide fire damage restoration.
Contact RestoreMasters if you need assistance with storm damage repair.
Our team of large loss insurance claim experts works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back to pre-storm condition.
We provide all aspects of building restoration, from emergency response services and cleanup to total build back of your facility.
The RestoreMasters team of professionals includes: public adjusters, insurance claims experts, large loss attorneys, roofing and building engineers, interior restoration crews, and many more professionals specializing in insurance restoration for storm damage.
We do repair, replacement and restoration services on the following roofing systems: TPO roofing, metal roofing, tile roofing for hail damage, slate roofing, asphalt shingle roofing from hurricane damage, EPDM roofing, roof coatings, torch down roofing, BUR roofing, SBS-modified roofing repair, PVC roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor