Commercial Roof Inspections in Hastings, NE, for Wind & Hail Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on June 7, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
For the second time in less than one month, Hastings, NE, residents were rocked by fierce winds and destructive hailstones on Tuesday, June 7th. RestoreMasters has emergency roof repair teams onsite, offering any affected property owner a commercial roof inspection.
Highlighting the heavy hail property damage losses, a Hastings family took shelter and decided to videotape the massive ice stones pummeling their neighborhood and area business districts. That’s when a hailstone smashed through their front door and broke the pane of an interior door.
“It just shocked me, it shocked me,” Whitney Itzen reportedly told KSNB Channel 4 while watching the video. “I of course was worried that it was going to shatter, and glass was going to come into the house. Our kids were in bed. Our oldest was almost asleep and, of course, she jumped out of bed and wanted to know what was going on.”
Just one month earlier, Hastings took a beating from a severe weather incident that flipped a semi-truck trailer on Highway 14 and destroyed a steel building on the southwest side of town.
Property owners who suffered hail damage to roofing systems are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection to fast-track roof insurance claims. It’s crucial to have a contractor take emergency roof leak repair measures before water damage ruins equipment, inventories, or weakens beams.
A local wind and hailstorm damage map shows one long storm cell stretching across from the northeast past Stapleton across I-80 and Hastings. Other severe weather fronts hover near Columbus, David City, and the Aurora area. Light gray swaths show the path of high winds.
The yellow sections show hailstones up to 1.25 inches pelting communities. Light orange sections indicate hail up to 1.75 inches in diameter making landfall, with dark orange pointing to ice chunks up to 2.5 inches striking roofs. But the purple concentrations are where ice the size of baseballs and larger caused extensive hail damage on roofs.
Images of the Nebraska storm were posted to social media:
The National Weather Service tornado, high wind, and hailstorm damage map shows a heavy concentration of severe weather over Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, and storms trekking through Oklahoma, the Texas Panhandle, and Alabama, among others. The country sustained 17 tornados, 223 high wind incidents, and 222 hailstorms on Tuesday, June 7th. News and social media reports pinpointed the following devastation and roof storm damage.
- Clay County: High winds resulted in widespread property and roof storm damage, with Glenvil feeling the brunt at 70 mph, and gusts of 65 mph in Fairfield.
- Hastings: Ice chunks the size of tennis balls reportedly hit the Hastings Fire Station. Extreme wind gusts above 60 mph ripped off shingles and impacted siding, leaving buildings in need of emergency roof repair. Emergency management responders reported trees and power lines had been downed.
- Hastings Airport: Punishing winds upwards of 70 mph affected airport traffic after 8 pm.
- Inland: Hailstone strikes the size of golf balls cracked shingles and windshields.
- Nuckolls County: The towns experienced high winds that snapped tree limbs and damaged grain bins in Nelson. In Bostwick, wind gusts were recorded as high as 68 mph.
- Pleasanton: High winds and large hail broke windows and damaged siding.
- Ravenna: Hail larger than baseballs pummeled automobiles, and landscapes, and inflicted hail damage to roofing systems in Buffalo County, according to Facebook posts. Other social media reports showed hail the size of grapefruits.
- Wilcox: Hail the size of a quarter covered the Kearney County community.
“We are seeing a lot of tree damage as you can see behind me, a lot of broken windows, a lot of northern exposures to properties, roofs, vehicles,” Adams County Emergency Manager Ron Pughes reportedly said.
RestoreMasters recently provided commercial roof inspection services and emergency roof repair to Wichita, KS, after hail and torrential damaged buildings on May 31, 2022.
Tornadoes, hail, and even strong winds can cause severe wind damage to roofing systems.
Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour.
The intensity of roof damage is determined by various factors: the velocity and impact of flying debris, the quality of the original installation, the building height and location in relation to other buildings, the angle and shape of the roof, and the material used on the roof.
It's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment following severe weather like this so that you can determine whether you have roof damage from hail or high winds.
Circumstances do not always allow for immediate repair of roof leaks. In the meantime, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can cover the roof or affected area with a tarp or with a durable plastic shrink wrap material, until such a time when more permanent repairs can be made. We need to stop more moisture damage, so we can prevent mold growth.
Rather than believing your roof is not damaged, if your property is anywhere in the area of the storm damage map, then you will want to get your roof inspected.
Many storm damage symptoms are not always evident immediately.
And insurance companies sometimes enforce deadlines for claims, so you need to get your claim filed quickly.
Give us a call today, if the building on your property recently was damaged from wind, fallen trees, hail, collapsed roof or any other storm-related damage.
We are a disaster restoration contractor providing damage restoration from hail, tornadoes, fire and flood. RestoreMasters responds to disaster emergencies by repairing roofing systems of commercial and residential buildings, starting with temporary solutions using tarp or shrink wrap to prevent leaks, until more permanent solutions are decided upon. We also assist with debris cleanup, water removal, burst pipe damage repair, water damage building restoration, tornado damage roofing & restoration, hurricane damage roofing & restoration, mold remediation, interior restoration and reconstruction, and many other services to rebuild your damaged property. We also provide fire & smoke damage restoration.
Contact RestoreMasters if you need assistance with storm damage repair.
As one of the nation's leading large loss claims experts, our team of independent adjusters works directly with your insurance company to help expedite the process and get your facility back to full operation in no time.
We are a turnkey restoration contractor providing help with all phases of restoration from emergency cleanup services to complete build back of your property.
The RestoreMasters team of professionals includes: public adjusters, insurance claims experts, large loss attorneys, roofing and building engineers, interior restoration crews, and many more professionals specializing in insurance restoration for storm damage.
We do repair, replacement and restoration services on the following roofing systems: TPO roofing, metal roofing, tile roofing for hail damage, slate roofing, asphalt shingle roofing from hurricane damage, EPDM roofing, roof coatings, torch down roofing, BUR roofing, SBS-modified roofing repair, PVC roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor