Commercial Roof Inspections in Kearney, Hastings, York, Seward, NE for Wind, Hail & Tornado Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on June 14, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Commercial property owners suffered heavy losses after Kearney, Hastings, York, and Seward, NE, were ravaged by high winds, hailstone strikes, and a tornado on Tuesday, June 14th. Early reporting indicates widespread businesses have been crippled and require emergency roof repair. RestoreMasters already has commercial roof inspection services professionals in the field to expedite a commercial roof inspection request.
In Seward, massive hailstone strikes nearly destroyed businesses. ABC affiliate KLKN reported that Rumery Lawn & Landscape suffered upwards of $50,000 in property damage. “Jerry (Rumery) said doors will be closed for the rest of the week as his team assesses the damage, but he’s hopeful to open back up in some capacity next week.” Commercial property owners can request a complimentary roof inspection to estimate repair costs and expedite insurance claims.
A local high wind, tornado, and hailstorm damage map shows multiple overlapping storm cells stretching from east of Kearney along I-80 to Lincoln. The yellow areas point to hail up to 1.25 inches peppering communities. The light orange indicates ice up to 1.75 inches made landfall. The dark orange swaths indicate hailstones up to 2.5 inches in diameter caused significant roof damage. The light and dark gray sections are where neighborhoods and business districts experienced high wind and tornado roof damage.
Storm images and videos have been posted to social media, by residents and news centers.
Taylor, NE hailstone cross-sections. Was surprised to see almost no homogeneity in internal ring patterns, nearly all stones were different. Some had numerous thin layers, some had only 2 or 3 thicker layers. Full Gallery: https://t.co/SZAYUgrvWU #hail pic.twitter.com/Dx0bitJlq1— Dan Robinson (@stormhighwaycom) June 14, 2022
The National Weather Service high wind, hail, and tornado damage map confirms a concentrated storm system over southeast Nebraska, as well as Northern Florida, and Georgia, with isolated fronts across the country. The Tuesday, June 14th, tally includes four tornados, 237 high wind events, and 84 hailstorms. Wide-reaching reports highlight the crushing property damage losses in Kearney, Hastings, York, and Seward, NE.
- Fairfield: Wind gusts reached 64 mph in this area of Clay County.
- Garland: The Seward County village suffered extensive hail roof damage as ice the size of large apples made impact.
- Grafton: Ice stones as large as golf balls blanketed the York County community.
- Hastings: Hailstones the size of hen eggs pounded automobiles and rooftops. The hail roof damage was exacerbated by fierce 70 mph winds. A trampoline went airborne in one neighborhood and was entangled in power lines. The Hastings Street Department was in full cleanup mode by Wednesday morning, using chain saws to chop large hardwood trees blocking streets.
- Henderson: Ping pong ball-sized ice cracked and dented commercial roofs.
- Kearney: Buffalo County business districts took multiple hailstorm dousings with ice the size of hen eggs cracking shingles and denting metal roofs. Wind gusts reached upwards of 80 mph in Kearney County.
- Lushton: A tornado measuring 400 feet wide cut a path 7.6 miles long across York County, injuring at least two residents as winds reached 90 mph.
- McCool Junction: Posts on social media platforms show damaged and toppled utility poles.
- Seward: Hail the size of tennis balls prompted residents to shelter in place and wait out the storm.
- Sutton: Outbuildings were overturned, and trees blocked roads.
- Trumbull: Areas of Clay County sustained ice hits ranging from golf ball-size to hailstones the size of baseballs.
- Waco: A large concrete grain bin was downed by extreme winds.
- York: Hail the size of baseballs pounded the community leaving severe roof storm damage behind. The York College Campus was hit hard, and widespread damage was reported.
RestoreMasters sent emergency roof repair and commercial building inspection experts to Beatrice, NE, after a storm on June 11, 2022.
Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage.
Some older roofs can sustain damage from only 50 mph winds.
The intensity of roof damage is determined by various factors: the velocity and impact of flying debris, the quality of the original installation, the building height and location in relation to other buildings, the angle and shape of the roof, and the material used on the roof.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind.
If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) are covered with a durable shrink-wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place. That way you can prevent mold growth from water intrusion.
Get your roof inspected, even if you think there is no problem, especially if your property falls anywhere within the area of the hail and wind damage map.
Some storm damage symptoms take time to appear.
And insurance companies sometimes enforce deadlines for claims, so you need to get your claim filed quickly.
We serve the following types of property owners with hail or wind damage to tile roofing: hospitals and clinics, schools, universities, institutions, churches, condos, hotels, resorts, retail properties, warehouses, mult-family, historical properties, industrial properties and residential properties.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof, or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a disaster restoration contractor, providing storm damage restoration from hail, tornadoes, fire and flood, responding to emergencies in disaster situations, by aiding with repair of commercial and industrial roofing, tile roofs, providing temporary solutions to cover damaged roofs with tarp or shrink wrap.
We also provide clean up of storm debris, water damage cleanup, frozen pipe burst cleanup, restoration after water damage, mold remediation, tornado damage roofing & restoration, hurricane damage roofing & restoration, interior restoration and construction and much more. We also provide fire damage cleanup & restoration.
Contact RestoreMasters if you need assistance with storm damage repair.
Our team, comprised of large loss claims experts works directly with your insurance company to help get your business back into operation again as soon as possible.
We provide all aspects of building restoration, from emergency response services and cleanup to total build back of your facility.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
We provide the following roofing services: TPO roofing repair, metal roofing replacement, tile roofing hail & wind damge repair, slate roofing replacement, asphalt shingle roofing repair from tornado damage, EPDM roofing restoration, roof coatings, torch down roofing, BUR roofing replacement, SBS-modified roofing repair, PVC roofing restoration.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor