Commercial Roof Inspections in Lincoln, NE for Hail Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on June 16, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
After another devastating hailstone strike pounded Lincoln, NE, on Thursday, June 16th, property owners are trying to navigate the worst month of roof hail damage since 2014. The recent storm cracked shingles, dented metal roof panels, and tore into flat roofing systems. RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection services and repair teams onsite.
“Farm fields have been leveled, homes have been battered, and windows blown out as a series of windstorms and hailstorms moved through. This year’s continuous outbreaks of hail are the result of storms riding into Nebraska along the edge of the heat dome that has been suffocating vast swaths of the country this spring and summer,” according to the Omaha World-Herald. “American Family Insurance, a major insurer in Nebraska, has received 6,200 claims for wind and hail damage this year, with about 4,000 coming in June.”
Commercial building owners are advised to request a complimentary roof inspection following a storm to fast-track insurance claims and secure rooftops. Hail the size of a quarter can crack shingles and panels, making them susceptible to a leaking roof. Water damage to support beams and load-bearing walls can prove costly when unchecked.
A local hailstorm damage map indicates at least seven fronts congregated around Lincoln, NE, leaving residents in need of emergency roof repair. The yellow sections show ice stones up to 1.25 inches in diameter pelting automobiles and rooftops. Light orange hovering over cities and towns such as Malcolm, Prairie Home, and Woodland Hills, saw hailstone strikes as large as 1.75 inches causing hail damage on roofs. And the dark orange north of Lincoln points to hail up to 2.5 inches smashing into automobiles and roofs at a high velocity.
Citizens and News centers post images of the storm on social media:
My house was spared but many of my neighbors had extensive damage. We were without power for four days. Unfortunately we got nailed by hail storms two weeks later and ended up with a new roof/windows/deck anyways. 🤷🏻♀️ Life in Nebraska is never easy. pic.twitter.com/6xbtnHeQhV— Weather reports from the lab. (@efino87) June 16, 2022
The National Weather Service high wind, tornado, and hail property damage map for Thursday, June 16th, shows a storm cluster over Southeast Nebraska, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, with isolated storm fronts across the country. All told, two tornados, 357 high wind incidents, and 73 hailstone strikes inflicted widespread roof damage. Traditional and social media reports highlight the severe hail damage to roofing systems in the Lincoln, NE, area.
- Crete: Quarter-sized ice-peppered areas of Saline County before midnight.
- Lincoln: Multiple hailstone dropping occurred in Lancaster County, ranging from half-dollar-sized ice to chucks larger than hen eggs.
- Malcolm: Hail the size of golf balls blanked the community.
- Maytown: Quarter-sized hailstone strikes occurred after 9 pm.
- Dunbar: Neighborhoods and business districts in Otoe County experienced wind gusts upwards of 60 mph.
- Seward: The Seward County seat took heavy hail property damage as ice the size of golf balls made impact, according to social media posts.
It’s essential to schedule a commercial roof inspection following a hailstorm. When hard ice makes impact, it leads to a leaking roof that may not be immediately noticeable. Once water damage spots show on the ceiling, beams may be compromised, and hazardous mold has grown behind walls. RestoreMasters dispatched emergency roof repair crews to Kearney, Hastings, York, and Seward, NE, after high winds and hail-damaged buildings on June 14, 2022.
Some roofing systems can be severely harmed by damage from heavy winds, tornadoes, or hail. Older roofs are susceptible to severe wind damage, by winds as low as 50 mph. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor