Commercial Roof Inspections in Long Island, NY for Hail Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on July 21, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Extreme weather shifts put Long Island, NY, residents at risk as a damaging hailstone strike on Thursday, July 21, came on the heels of a scorching heat wave. Property owners in the Greater Long Island area are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection and implement emergency roof repair measures before moisture causes unnecessary water damage. RestoreMasters has expert commercial roof inspection services providers in the Long Island, NY, area to support local businesses.
“A powerful thunderstorm tore through Long Island during Thursday afternoon's blistering heat wave, leaving fallen trees, downed wires and thousands of power outages in its wake,” Newsday reported. “The fast-moving storm swept across the region Thursday afternoon, bringing 70 mph wind gusts in some areas and ping-pong size hail, the weather service said. The weather service advised that the hail, which could be up to 1.5 inches, could cause injuries and damage roofs, siding, windows and vehicles.”
More than 8,100 buildings lost power and widespread automobile and hail damage to roofing systems was reported across Nassau and Suffolk counties. A local hailstorm damage map shows three fast-moving fronts in the New York Metro and Long Island region. The yellow sections point to hail up to 1.25 inches pelting rooftops. The orange section over Long Island indicates ice chunks up to 1.75 inches in diameter inflicted significant property and roof damage.
Hail storm images posted on social media by residents and news centers:
The National Weather Service high wind and hail damage map for Thursday, July 21, shows dense severe weather fronts over Long Island and Upstate New York, as well as clusters in the Carolinas, Alabama, and Mississippi, with scattered storms across the nation. All told, communities experienced 342 high-wind storms and 91 hailstone incidents during a 24-hour period. Traditional and social media reports indicate Long Island suffered the following hail damage on roofs and other property.
- Brentwood: High winds downed power lines on Wicks Road.
- Central Islip: Ping pong ball-sized ice caused hailstone roof damage.
- Deer Park: Powerful wind gusts snapped tree limbs and tore at roof shingles.
- Farmingville: Ice chunks the size of quarters pelted rooftops during the mid-afternoon.
- Hauppauge: The Suffolk County hamlet was affected by hail the size of ping pong balls smashing windshields and cracking roofing systems. High winds downed trees and blocked Lie Service Road near Route 111.
- Hicksville: Business districts across Nassau County suffered hail roof damage as ice stones up to 1.5 inches around pounded the area.
- Old Brookville: Power lines were dangerously strewn over Northern Blvd near Route 107.
- Syosset: Power outages were reported after wind speeds exceeded 50 mph.
It’s crucial for building owners and property managers to schedule a commercial roof inspection following high-wind and hailstone storms. Seemingly small shingle, flashing, and ventilation pipe sealant cracks allow moisture to weaken rafters and load-bearing supports. RestoreMasters recently deployed emergency roof repair and inspection teams to Monmouth County, NJ, to help with hail damage claims after a storm hit July 2, 2022.
Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. Roof damage can be severe or mild, depending on various factors which include: materials used on the roof, impact of debris, building height and proximity to other buildings, age, angle and shape of the roof and type of roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor