Commercial Roof Inspections in Phoenix, AZ After Monsoon Winds Damage Roofs on Sept. 11, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
“Storms brought down trees and power lines around metro Phoenix and tens of thousands of people were without electricity Sunday night. Winds of up to 76 mph rushed past Phoenix Sky Harbor and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airport, the National Weather Service said,” according to KTAR News. “The aftermath of the storm prompted the Arizona Department of Transportation to restrict westbound Interstate 10 to two lanes for an inspection around 7:30 a.m. The drenching was a mix of remnants of Tropical Storm Kay and the monsoon storm season.”
Commercial property owners who sustained damage during the monsoon storm can request a complimentary roof inspection. RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection specialists in Phoenix who can identify wind damage and provide an estimate to fast-track your insurance claim.
A local wind damage map shows a large storm concentration over the Greater Phoenix area. The light tan and gray sections show high winds ripping off roof shingles and pelting the siding of structures with debris. The darkest swath indicates hurricane-force winds, leaving leaking roofs as torrential rains flooded the region.
When the haboobs come out to play. Last night’s storms brought a dust storm into the valley. This was looking to the east valley from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. ⛈⛈⛈ Haboobs are crazy enough to see during the day. At night they take on a whole new persona. #azwx #stormhour pic.twitter.com/6YV95V9jpu— Chris Frailey (@Chris_Frailey) September 12, 2022
- Deer Valley: High winds downed trees and roofs were blown off buildings in Maricopa County.
- East Mesa: Tree limbs were broken, and strong wind gusts blew off roof shingles.
- Green Valley: Hail roof damage resulted from ice the size of quarters pelting Pinal County late in the evening on Sunday, Sept. 11th.
- Mesa Falcon Field: Wind speeds of 58 mph were confirmed as more than 1 inch of rain made roads impassable.
- Phoenix: A mature tree was uprooted and damaged an apartment complex near Camelback Road and 16th Street.
- Phoenix Mesa Gate: Winds reached hurricane force as utility poles were downed as thousands lost power during the monsoon.
- Queen Creek: Tree limbs three inches in diameter were snapped, and power lines fell across Pinal County roads. Rainfall of 1.26 inches was recorded.
- Sky Harbor Airport: Wind speeds hit 76 mph as widespread property damage and flooding impacted the airport.
- Sun Lakes: Rainfall of 0.75 inches drenched the community in less than 30 minutes.
Wind roof damage, accompanied by monsoon rains, is likely to cause water damage and lead to hazardous mold growth. A commercial roof inspection can identify roof leaks that may not immediately show telltale signs, such as water spots on ceilings. RestoreMasters dispatched emergency roof repair and inspection specialists to Guymon, OK, to help expedite insurance claims following a storm on June 7, 2022.
Some roofing systems can be severely harmed by damage from heavy winds, tornadoes, or hail. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Mitigation
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor