Commercial Roof Inspections in St. Charles, IL To Document Hail Damage From September 18, 2022 Storm
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
A massive hailstorm blanketed the greater St. Charles, IL, area on Sunday, Sept. 18th, leaving business owners in need of commercial roof inspection and repair services. RestoreMasters has experienced professionals in the field and impacted property owners can contact the Illinois roofing office in Chicago for immediate commercial roof inspection services.
Severe storm warnings were reportedly issued for Central and Northeast Illinois on Sunday and overnight into Monday morning. Counties such as Kane and DuPage felt the sting of hail strikes that battered commercial, institutional and agricultural rooftops. Impacted businesses and organizations are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection to prevent seemingly minor leaks from causing water damage and spurring hazardous mold growths.
A local hailstorm damage map shows a large front spanning business districts from the Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital across DuPage Airport and to the east of Route 59. The large yellow sections show hail up to 1.25 inches pelting rooftops. The orange concentration that follows along Route 64 indicates ice up to 1.75 inches in diameter struck rooftops at high rates of speed.
Storm threat report posted on social media:
A significant severe weather threat is possible today in the Midwest. The SPC has initiated an ENHANCED Risk for severe weather including a 10% risk area for strong tornadoes for areas of Iowa and Illinois. MyRadar storm chaser @aaronjayjack is tracking the threat. #iawx #ilwx pic.twitter.com/8FXu5I3F1X— MyRadar Weather (@MyRadarWX) September 18, 2022
The National Weather Service high wind and hail damage map for Sunday, Sept. 18th, confirms hailstorms pounded Illinois. All told, one tornado, 42 high wind incidents, and 31 hailstorms were reported within a 24-hour period. The bulk of the storms was focused on Illinois, with St. Charles and nearby communities experiencing the following.
- Batavia: Wind gusts reached 60 mph as tree limbs were snapped and debris was sent airborne.
- Campton Hills: Hail the size of nickels peppered the suburban Kane County village, leaving dented roof shingles and damaged panels.
- Du Page Airport: Ping pong ball-sized hail pummeled the airport, leaving commercial structures with an imminent emergency roof repair need.
- Geneva: Ping pong ball-sized hail pelted rooftops during the late evening. The siding on multiple buildings was damaged and leaves were stripped from trees, according to local news reports.
- Saint Charles: Residential and business districts sustained multiple hail strikes, with the largest ice nearing the size of golf balls.
When mid-sized hail makes impact on commercial, institutional, and agricultural roofing systems, it typically results in cracks in the shingles, tiles, and panels. Coupled with the damage to HVAC sealants and flashing, even minor hail damage causes roof leaks. A prompt commercial roof inspection provides a record of the damage that can help speed up insurance claims while emergency roof repair techniques are put in place.
RestoreMasters dispatched commercial roof inspection and repair specialists to Washington, IL, to document hail and wind damage from an August 20, 2022, storm.
Severe storms, bringing hail, strong winds, or tornadoes can cause severe roof damage, by ripping off roofing systems. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. Several factors will determine the severity of roof damage: the height of the building and proximity to nearby structures, the quality of work by the original installers, the shape and angle of the roof, the age and type of roofing materials, and the impact from debris.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Mitigation
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor