Commercial Roof Repair Crews Pivot After Hail Strikes Jackson & Central Mississippi on Sunday, April 17, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Hailstorms battered Jackson and Central Mississippi on Sunday, April 17th, 2022, as ice the size of baseballs and high winds damaged rooftops, forcing residents to take shelter. RestoreMasters promptly contacted commercial roofing crews in the field to pivot and lend support to impacted community members.
Early weather reports from NBC affiliate WLBT 3 indicated at least 31 hailstone incidents occurred during Easter Sunday. The local media outlet noted that “hail around central Mississippi left behind a lot of damage.” Community members said the blanketing icefall in the greater Jackson area sounded like white noise. Then large hailstones would strike roofs, making “thunks” on impact, according to one resident. Community members were urged to check for roof hail damage after the storm passed and consider a thorough inspection.
A local hailstorm damage map shows two large and two smaller hailstorms trekking through Central Mississippi. The small system highlighted in yellow, north of Vicksburg, dropped quarter-sized ice in the Rolling Fork area. Another yellow storm pelted Brownsville with 1-inch ice. Larger systems required emergency roof repair around Greenville and Jackson. The orange bands indicate ice as large as 2.5 inches in diameter and the purple section show baseball-sized ice stones causing widespread hail damage to roofing systems.
Hailstones as large as tennis balls reported throughout social media.
The National Weather Service wind and hail damage map shows a cluster of severe weather events across Central Mississippi, Eastern Louisiana, Northern Florida, and parts of Alabama. But Central and South Mississippi took the brunt of the fast-moving storms. The national reporting system tallied four tornado sightings, 54 high wind incidents, and 53 hailstorms. Wide-reaching reports show the following communities suffered roof storm damage.
- Clinton: Hen-sized ice pelted the area twice, leaving a wake of significant hail property damage as it passed.
- Forest Hill: Ice as large as an egg was reported hitting near Wingfield High School.
- Redwood: The unincorporated Warren County town saw ice the size of tennis balls top residential and commercial structures at 5:20 pm.
- Richland: Hail, the size of golf balls, blanketed the suburban Jackson city.
- Pearl: Quarter-sized ice fell heavily along I-20 as far east as Brandon. Reports indicate the Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport was impacted by the hailstorm.
- Vicksburg: Hail the size of baseballs caused automobile and roof damage as the storm pounded various areas of the city in multiple strikes.
- Issaquena County: Ice as large as a lime struck buildings along the Mississippi River, north of Vicksburg.
- Jackson: Multiple hail damage reports were fielded coming from in and around the Jackson Metropolitan area. All indications point to residential and commercial property owners requiring roof leak repair.
High wind events also circulated through Central Mississippi, with trees toppled across McCullough-McLin Road in Monterey and Lebanon-Pinegrove Road in Fleurs Bluff. Residential and commercial property owners are urged to promptly schedule emergency roof repair inspections to estimate the damage and file insurance claims. Immediate roof leak repair is critical to prevent water penetration and hazardous mold growths. RestoreMasters recently responded to substantial roof damage in Little Rock, AR, after hail and tornados caused roof damage on April 11, 2022.
Severe storms, bringing hail, strong winds, or tornadoes can cause severe roof damage, by ripping off roofing systems.
Older roofs are susceptible to severe wind damage, by winds as low as 50 mph.
Several factors will determine the severity of roof damage: the height of the building and proximity to nearby structures, the quality of work by the original installers, the shape and angle of the roof, the age and type of roofing materials, and the impact from debris.
It's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment following severe weather like this so that you can determine whether you have roof damage from hail or high winds.
Circumstances do not always allow for immediate repair of roof leaks. In the meantime, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can cover the roof or affected area with a tarp or with a durable plastic shrink wrap material, until such a time when more permanent repairs can be made. We need to stop more moisture damage, so we can prevent mold growth.
Rather than believing your roof is not damaged, if your property is anywhere in the area of the storm damage map, then you will want to get your roof inspected.
Some storm damage symptoms take time to appear.
And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
If your building has sustained harm from fallen trees, collapsed roof or any other damage related to hail, tornado or wind storms, call us today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, tile roof repair, water removal, burst pipe repair, water damage restoration, fire damage cleanup & fire damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, tornado damage roofing & restoration, hurricane damage roofing & restoration, mold remediation, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
Contact RestoreMasters if you need help fixing storm damage.
As one of the nation's leading large loss claims experts, our team of independent adjusters works directly with your insurance company to help expedite the process and get your facility back to full operation in no time.
As a turnkey restoration contractor, we step in at the beginning with emergency response services and will stay with you throughout the entire process till your property is built back.
RestoreMasters provides a large team of professionals working on your behalf, including: insurance claims experts, large loss attorneys, public adjusters, roofing and building engineers, interior construction experts, and other professionals with a specialty in storm and disaster damage insurance restoration.
We provide repair, replacement and restoration services due to tornado damage and hurricane damage for the following roofing systems: TPO roofing, metal roofing, tile roofing, slate roofing, asphalt shingle roofing, EPDM roofing, roof coatings, torch down roofing, BUR roofing, SBS-modified roofing, PVC roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor