Contractor Fixes Roof Damage Caused by Hail Storms in Ennis, TX, March 14, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Strong storms passed through Ennis, Texas, on Monday, March 14, dropping hail up to 1.75 inches in diameter on properties throughout the area and causing damage to roofs, siding and more. RestoreMaster immediately mobilized and responded to reports of storm damage in the area - and we're keeping teams in the region in the coming days and weeks to help with emergency roof repair and property damage assessments.
Indicated on the hail storm map, the largest hail - up to a golf ball in size - fell along a path that moved northeast through Ennis (orange). Hail about 1 inch in diameter fell to the southeast of Ennis, just north of Italy, and to the north of the city in Waxahachie and Palmer. This is a part of a larger storm that covered additional areas in Texas, such as Lufkin and Princeton.
All it takes is hail 1 inch in diameter to cause roof damage and other property damage, which underscores the importance of regular inspections following a strong storm. Unfortunately for many property owners, hail and wind damage isn't realized until days or weeks after a storm system has passed through the area. RestoreMasters is standing by and ready to perform property inspections in the region. We'll be here for several more weeks to assist property owners in rebuilding and to restore properties to pre-loss condition. If you suspect your property has endured damage from the Monday, March 14 storms, contact RestoreMasters today to schedule an inspection and assessment.
The National Weather Service reported that hail from this line of storms also impacted several other nearby Texas counties in the Dallas-Forth Worth area. These counties include:
- Ellis - Golf ball-sized hail fell in Ellis. There were also reports of half dollar-sized hail and accumulation near the interstate.
- Dallas - Dallas County reported quarter-sized hail, notably near Highland Park.
- Kaufman - Hail up to 1.5 inches in diameter was reported in northern parts of the county.
- Collin - Hail from 1 inch in diameter to 1.75 inches in diameter was reported at various locations throughout the county limits. Wylie saw the largest hail, while Princeton and Celina reported hail up to a half dollar in size. The Lowry Crossing area reported ping pong-sized hail that lasted for 5 minutes.
- Anderson - Hail ranging from a quarter in size to ping pong ball-sized was reported near Palestine.
- Rockwall - Hail up to 1 inch in diameter was reported.
- Henderson - Quarter-sized hail was reported falling near Moore Station.
Hail storms are known to bring strong and gusting winds. Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor