Contractor Performs Commercial Roof Inspection Services in Sansom Park, TX, After High Winds & Tornados Inflict Damage on December 13, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Six tornadoes were confirmed in Tarrant County as high winds and flying debris caused extensive roof damage in Sansom Park, Texas, Tuesday, Dec. 13th.
Generating wind speeds as high as 110 mph, emergency roof repair was needed to prevent rain flooding in through gaping holes. RestoreMasters has technicians in the area to perform commercial roof inspection services. Impacted property owners can call the roof repair office in Dallas, TX, for a prompt response.
“A Sansom Park official said that a small business in the 5400 block of Urban View had some damage,” according to the Fort Worth Star Telegraph. “The Sansom Park fire chief and the Division of Emergency Management representative for Tarrant County confirmed one home was heavily damaged in the storm.”
Property owners are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection to support insurance claims. It’s critical to schedule a commercial roof inspection following a high-wind event because roof leaks can surface months later. Having a high wind or roof hail damage inspection report helps prevent claims denials.
A local map of the tornado in Sansom Park shows a black line where a tornado cut a path from the Marion Sansom Park area, across Route 199, to the outskirts of the Fort Worth Meacham International Airport.
Tornado damage videos posted on social media:
#tornado cross State Road 9 miles north of Panola TX ripped the roof off of two-story house, extensive damage, gas main line cut along road. No injuries here and 911 has been called. @NWSShreveport @ReedTimmerAccu @DouglasHicks1 pic.twitter.com/urT29Swc8Q— Chris FL Tornado (@ChrisFLTornado) December 13, 2022
The National Weather Service hail, high wind, and tornado map for Wednesday, Dec. 13th, shows a dense cluster of storms in Northeast Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Southern Arkansas. All told, eight hailstorms, 29 high-wind incidents, and 32 tornados were reported over 24 hours. Traditional news and social media outlets highlighted the severity of the Sansom Park and Tarrant County tornado damage.
- Arlington: Property owners sustained roof hail damage when ice the size of quarters blanketed the area.
- Blue Mound: A tornado inflicted damage to exterior walls and roofing systems of airport hangars in Tarrant County.
- Grapevine: Commercial buildings and schools suffered extreme roof damage. The Grapevine Mills Mall shuttered, and the Sam’s Club roof was left in tatters.
- North Richland Hills: Roof wind damage to commercial properties was reported through traditional news and social media platforms.
- Sansom Park: The confirmed EF-1 tornado downed trees, utility poles and left significant wind roof damage.
- Tolar: Social media video posts show roof damage in Hood County.
- Weatherford: An 18-wheeler was flipped over near I-20 from the high winds. Commercial buildings suffered roof wind damage and scarred siding.
Tornadoes and high winds typically leave roof damage that goes undetected for long periods. Scheduling a commercial roof inspection following a storm identifies problems before roof leaks cause water damage. RestoreMasters responded to Fort Stockton, TX, on October 10, 2022, after hail stones and floods caused water and roof damage.
Tornadoes, hail, and even strong winds can cause severe wind damage to roofing systems. Some older roofs can sustain damage from only 50 mph winds. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor