Crushing Wind & Hail Storm Causes Roof Damage in Indianapolis, IN on June 18, 2021
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Storms producing massive hail and high winds passed through Indianapolis, Indiana on Friday, June 18th, leaving shocked residents to take cover. RestoreMasters currently has teams on the ground to assist property owners with tasks such as hail damage inspections, emergency roof repairs, and additional removal efforts.
According to weather experts, the catalyst was an influx of very hot and humid seasonal air over central Indiana. Repeated rounds of thunderstorms led to large hail, high wind gusts, and flash flooding. In fact, some areas received as much as 7” of rain during the weather event.
Baseball sized hail was recorded in New Palestine. According to the hail maps, the area saw a widespread area of hail over 2.5” (purple). Additional areas near Cloverdale, McCordsville, and New Castle experienced bouts of highly damaging hail up to 1.75” (dark orange).
Damage to commercial roofing materials can happen with storms producing light wind and hailstones under an inch in diameter. This event produced considerably more, making it a wise idea for all property owners to take extra care to inspect buildings for unseen issues.
RestoreMasters is dedicated to helping our customers in the Indianapolis area with all of their storm damage repair needs. We will continue to keep trained personnel in the region until repairs are complete.
During this storm, National Weather Service data indicates large hail and damaging winds in the following counties:
- Marion – Multiple records of hail measuring 1” to 2” in diameter falling in Castleton, Warren Park, and at Geist Reservoir.
- Hamilton – Hailstones over 1” and as large as 1.25” in Fishers, Carmel, McCordsville, and Nora.
- Hancock – Massive baseball-sized hail recorded in New Palestine, which equates to around 3.25” chunks. Additional reports of hail this large were recorded in Cumberland and Greenfield, as well.
- Putnam – Hail ranged from 2” to 3” inches in the communities of Putnamdale, Cloverdale, and Quincy.
- Madison – Several reports of downed trees and 2” hail in Markleville.
- Morgan – Downed trees and damage to a home after a large branch fell on a deck. Hailstones measuring upwards of 1.75” in diameter.
- Shelby – Multiple uprooted trees and wind gusts up to 68 MPH. Reports of metal roofs blown off barns and other buildings.
- Johnson – Half inch hail and 60 MPH winds in Edinburgh.
In addition to roof damage from hail, strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor