Emergency Roof Repair Experts Respond To Aftermath Of Hail, Tornadoes & Heavy Winds In Southeast Missouri, On October 24, 2021
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Heavy storms entered southeast Missouri on Sunday, October 24th, bringing along large chunks of hail, tornadoes, and winds in excess of 100 mph. RestoreMasters has deployed teams to the region to assist with everything from commercial property inspections to cleanup and repairs.
All manners of damage were reported during this incident. Many buildings and homes were damaged, especially in hard-hit areas like Fredericktown, where downed power lines forced schools to cancel classes the day after the storm.
Multiple injuries were reported from the weather event, as well. In some areas, commercial buildings were reduced to splinters, while vehicles were tossed around like toys in the up to EF-3 wind gusts.
RoofMasters understands that the large scope and size of this storm is significant for our customers. That’s why we remain committed to helping commercial building owners in the area throughout the weeks to come. Our team of experts plans to assist with everything from roof inspections to dealing with insurance adjusters, cleanup, removal of further damage, and the repair process.
Based on local hail maps, the size of the ice chunks was actually minimal, with most varying into the 1” to 1.25” (yellow) range. However, it was the wind gusts and tornado damage that really packed a punch, causing the vast majority of all the damage.
According to the National Weather Service, the damage was reported in the Missouri counties of:
- Reynolds — Confirmed tornado touchdown near Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park. Large tree trunks snapped.
- Caldwell — Hail measuring 1.5” in diameter.
- Daviess — Roof damage in Kingston. Hail chunks in Breckenridge measuring 1.5”.
- Livingston — Evidence of a brief EF-0 tornado near Chillicothe.
- Linn — Tornado reports throughout the county.
- Pettis — Brief EF-0 tornado confirmed near Sedalia.
- Dent — Extensive building and barn damage in Turtle. Confirmed EF-1 tornado with winds of about 100 mph.
- Camden — EF-1 tornado with winds of up to 90 mph in Richland.
- St. Genevieve — Tornado touchdown with one injured in Saint Mary.
- St. Francois — Multiple homes were destroyed in Libertyville and Farmington.
- Iron — Confirmed tornado touchdown in Chloride, with tons of tree damage.
- Madison — Confirmed EF-3 tornado damage in Fredericktown with multiple injuries. Destroyed businesses and vehicles. The local fire station sustained damage.
- Perry — Reports of a lot of tree and power pole damage in Lithium. Dime-sized hail and 50 to 60 mph winds.
- Ralls — Uprooted trees in New London.
- Callaway — Downed trees covering roads in Guthrie, Tebbetts, and Fulton.
- Montgomery — Damaged trees in New Florence.
- Webster — Roads blocked by downed trees in Marshfield.
- Pike — Tree damage throughout the county.
- Douglas — Uprooted trees in Mansfield.
- Jefferson — Fallen trees in Arnold due to high winds.
- Madrid — Roof lifted from an apartment building in New Madrid.
Hail can inflict damage that is difficult to detect, but tornadoes and strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor