Emergency Roof Repair Teams Respond As Jonesboro, Northeast Arkansas Ravaged By Tornados & Hail On Friday, April 15th, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas communities were ravaged by twisters and hailstones the size of softballs breaking windshields, cracking roofs, and tearing buildings apart on Friday, April 15th, 2022. RestoreMasters alerted emergency roofing crews to assist commercial property owners and shore up leaking structures before another wave of storms does further damage.
Multiple tornado reports circulated local media outlets with Action News 5 indicating a pair of buildings sustained roof damage after a tornado bringing 80 mph winds tore a quarter-mile path just south of the center of Corinth. A large funnel cloud touched ground and blazed a trail through Sharp, Randolph, and Lawrence Counties around 7 p.m. Wide-reaching reports indicate the storm front also pummeled Craighead and Greene counties. High winds and ice stones larger than a softball wreaked havoc on rooftops and automobiles as residents sheltered indoors.
A local hail damage map shows a massive hailstorm stretching north of Mountain Home through the northeastern neighborhoods of Jonesboro and as far east as Wilson. A smaller storm hovered just over the Missouri border between Branson and Thayer. The hail damage map shows a long band of yellow on the edges of the storm, which points to quarter-sized hail pelting communities such as Jonesboro. The darker orange swaths show places such as Ash Flat, Imboden, and sections of Salem fielding hard ice as large as tennis balls. The purple clusters are where the heaviest damage occurred as hail larger than a softball battered properties.
The National Weather Service hail and tornado storm report map shows extreme weather events moving across Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama, and southeast Tennessee on Friday, April 15th. All told, 22 high wind incidents, 77 hail property damage reports, and nine tornadoes were sighted during a 24-hour period, leaving communities without power and in desperate need of immediate roof leak repair.
Hail and tornado reports have been posted by news outlets and citizens on social media:
TORNADO WARNING: Footage shows lightning flashes illuminating the night sky to reveal a large funnel cloud in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas Friday night during a tornado emergency. Reportedly several cars were flipped over on a highway during the storm. pic.twitter.com/6pdJwJCRBm— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 16, 2022
Long Video 😱👉https://t.co/tba5sbug9Z#Tornado and #Hail #Storm in #Brookland, #Arkansas 15 April 2022!#hailstorm #arwx— World News Araştıran İnsan (@RH_News_World) April 16, 2022
A Tornado emergency was issued due to a confirmed a large and extremely dangerous tornado is on the ground near Brookland AR with large hail pic.twitter.com/3njoRhe4it
Large #tornado tears through several #Arkansas counties with hail the size of golf balls as storm damages homes and downs power lines— Hans Solo (@thandojo) April 16, 2022
Tornado warnings were issued in Arkansas on Friday night as storms hurtled towards the town of Black Rock pic.twitter.com/rlQq3uV70B
Wide-reaching reports indicate the following areas suffered among the worst hail and tornado damage.
- Bono: Located on the northwestern outskirts of Jonesboro, the city experienced hail more than 3 inches in diameter that pounded homes and commercial buildings.
- Brookland: Some sections saw golf ball-sized hail pepper the region, causing roof leaks and other property damage. But hailstorm concentrations resulted in some areas suffering significant losses as baseball-sized ice fractures shingles. Intense winds also uprooted trees and severed sections of roofs from buildings.
- Caraway: Hail, the size of baseballs, struck roofs and automobiles and left residents with substantial property damage.
- Cherokee Village: Cars were reportedly crushed by massive ice stones as high winds tore doors and shingles off residential and commercial buildings. Roads were closed due to downed power lines, boats capsized in Lake Omaha, and the town’s mayor expressed that the west side sustained “severe isolated damage.”
- Gepp: Ice stones upwards of 4 inches in diameter were recorded as Fulton County property owners endured among the worst hail damage during the severe weather event. High winds added insult to injury as reports of commercial building destruction circulated.
- Lake City: Soft ball-sized ice stones devastated the Craighead County community at approximately 9 pm.
- Osceola: The Mississippi County seat saw ice upwards of 2 inches in diameter blanket the region.
- Walcott: High winds dropped power lines along County Road 780, causing roadblocks and safety threats.
Early tornado damage reports indicate Lawrence County was hit by a large tornado that damaged buildings in Hoxie, Black Rock, Ravenden, and flipped over cars on Highway 67 in Walnut Ridge. Commercial building owners who incurred hail or tornado property damage are urged to expedite roof leak repairs before rainstorms arrive. RestoreMasters commercial roofing crews also responded to a destructive hailstorm in Garfield County, Oklahoma, on Sunday, April 10th.
Some roofing systems can be severely harmed by damage from heavy winds, tornadoes, or hail. Winds as low as 50 mph can cause some older roofs to be damaged. Roof damage can be severe or mild, depending on various factors which include: materials used on the roof, impact of debris, building height and proximity to other buildings, age, angle and shape of the roof and type of roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Mitigation
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor