Emergency Roofing Contractors Called-In After Tornado Shreds Lorain County, Ohio, Rooftops On Monday, April 25, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
High winds and tornados ripped through Lorain County, Ohio, on Monday, April 25th, tearing at commercial buildings and leaving property owners in desperate need of emergency roof repair. RestoreMasters alerted emergency roofing crews to respond quickly and shore up damage and leaks.
ABC 5 News in Cleveland reported that winds upwards of 80 mph left residents sheltering in secure spaces as extensive roof storm damage was inflicted. A video account of a local business having its metal roof ripped to shreds went viral on the news platform. The first-hand account of the devastation shows sections flying into the air until almost nothing is left on the storage building's roof. The twister reportedly touched down in Columbia Township at approximately 2:20 pm, and sections of the roof were hurled at surrounding buildings along Eaton Commerce Parkway near Route 82.
A local map of the tornado in Lorain County and the surrounding area shows long silver-gray storm fronts stretching from Peru along Route 61, northeast through Oberlin and Parma, before angling north through East Cleveland. A second severe weather event ran from Warrensville Heights and Chagrin Falls northeast across Jefferson, where a yellow swath indicates hail property damage occurred.
Tornado shreds northern Ohio's Lorain County, storm reports are posted on social media.
The National Weather Service wind and hailstorm map shows storm fronts mounting along Lake Erie across Northern Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Western New York. All told, the national reporting services accounted for two tornados, 24 high wind incidents, and one hailstorm. Wide-reaching reports demonstrate the following communities suffered hailstone and high wind roof damage on Monday, April 25th.
- Berea: Tree limbs were severed in Cuyahoga County near the Berea Fall Scenic Overlook and other areas.
- Chardon: Trees were dropped along South Street, leaving community members without power.
- Columbia Station: Utility poles were snapped in half, leaving residents without electricity.
- Grafton: Heavy property damage was sustained on South Island Road.
- Jefferson: Hail the size of a quarter pelted automobiles and rooftops.
- North Fairfield: Electrical wires created safety hazards as utility poles were downed.
- Wakeman: Strong winds toppled trees on Clinton Road, between Zenobia and Court roads.
Early reports from the Lorain County Sheriff's Office confirmed that other commercial buildings suffered roof wind damage. The County Sheriff also reported no one was seriously injured from the tornado that produced wind gusts of more than 80 mph.
Ohio’s peak tornado season typically runs through July, and high-wind events are often coupled with torrential downpours. Property owners are urged to seek a commercial roof repair specialist to secure buildings before moisture can spur hazardous mold growths. RestoreMasters recently responded to Jonesboro, Arkansas, after property owners were hit by a tornado and hail damage to roofing systems on Friday, April 15th, 2022.
Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Older roofs are susceptible to severe wind damage, by winds as low as 50 mph. The intensity of roof damage is determined by various factors: the velocity and impact of flying debris, the quality of the original installation, the building height and location in relation to other buildings, the angle and shape of the roof, and the material used on the roof.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor