Emergency Roofing Contractors Repair Wind & Hail Damage After Colby, KS, Targeted by Storm Cells on June 4, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Colby, KS, felt the sting of yet another fast-moving hailstorm on Saturday, June 4th, leaving commercial building owners in need of a roof repair contractor.
The Thomas County seat took hailstone strikes a reported four times in 2021, and Colby appears on track to endure more hail damage on roofs before the height of severe weather season wanes in 2022. RestoreMasters put emergency commercial roof repair crews on notice to quickly respond to property owners who require immediate roof leak repair.
A local hail damage map shows a large storm cell stretching east of Brewster across Colby and as far northeast up Route 83 as Rexford. The yellow areas indicate ice stones as large as 1.25 inches striking the region. The orange swath covering Colby hit cars, trucks, and building with hailstones upwards of 1.75 inches, causing substantial property and roof storm damage.
Hailstones and storm images shared by residents and storm chasers on social media:
The National Weather Service tornado, high-wind, and hailstorm damage map shows a cluster of severe weather events targeting Northeast Kansas and Eastern Nebraska, with singular incidents across the Midwest. National reports accounted for two tornados, 13 high wind storms, and 52 hail strikes on Saturday, June 4th. Wide-reaching reports show the following Northeast Kansas communities suffered significant hail and roof wind damage over the course of 24 hours.
- Brewster: Hail the size of quarters pelted residential and commercial structures at approximately 8:30 pm.
- Colby: Trained spotters record ice the size of ping pong and golf balls pounding automobiles and rooftops just after 9 pm.
- Hoxie: Winds upwards of 60 mph tore through Sheridan County, according to law enforcement reports.
- Kanorado: Hailstones the size of quarters blanketed the Sherman County community at 6:55 pm.
- Oberlin: Wind gusts topped 72 mph in areas of Decatur County as a brief tornado approached the intersection of Highway 83 and Road 348.
Commercial building owners are urged to implement prompt roof leak repair measures to prevent further property damage, equipment, and inventory losses. Hailstone strikes typically result in cracked shingles, dents to metal panels, and slash flat roofing materials.
Water penetrations can weaken beams and structural supports, and spur hazardous mold growths behind walls, in attics, and under flooring. Ensuing rains across Kansas are likely to cause water damage, making a roof inspection necessary following any high wind and hailstorm event. RestoreMasters recently responded with emergency roofing crews after Midland, Texas, was struck by baseball-sized hail and high winds of 80 mph on May 22, 2022.
Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor