Emergency Roofing Experts Deployed To Assist With Damage From Heavy Wind, Rain and Hail On May 6, 2022, in Crossville, Tennesee
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Friday afternoon the residents of Crossville, TN, and surrounding areas were bombarded with hail, from pea-size to golf-ball size. Along with heavy winds and rain, the entire area had trees and power lines down. According to News Channel 9, a 92-year-old woman was in her house, when she heard a loud boom and found that a tree had fallen on her house. Thankfully, she was not injured. The woman’s daughter expressed concern that there had been many calls to the city officials about the trees, but not a lot done. Many people were stranded in their cars with trees and power lines lying across roads. Thousands were left without power. This is part of a large storm system that plagued the southeast US on May 6th. RestoreMasters teams went throughout the area, assisting with emergency remediation, and helping home and business owners assess damages and prepare insurance reports that will provide the best coverage for hail or tree-related damage.
A hail map of the area indicates a large area from Midway, TN, going up northeast to Crossville. This area was hit with large hail from 1” up to 1.75”. Golf ball size hail (dark orange) pelted the southeast Crossville area and extended down to the southwest. Surrounding the area of large hail, 1.25” hail (orange) hit the small town of Shiloh and the city of Lantana.
Local social media was full of posts from weather experts and residents alike:
NOAA National Weather Service Center reports incidents of hail, high winds, trees and branches down, and power lines down scattered all through the Crossville, TN area:
- Maryville: Multiple trees of various sizes down, power lines down.
- Pioneer:25” Hail and trees and power lines down.
- Crossville: Hen-egg-size hail, in Cumberland County.
- Mosheim: Quarter-size hail
- Greeneville: One-inch hail
- Church Hill: Trees and power lines down, wind gusts of 58 mph, with quarter-size hail.
- Knoxville: Large tree down in Victor Ashe Park, multi-trunk tree down, partially blocked Beverly Road.
- Lenoir City: Trees down, shed destroyed.
- Tariffville:5” hail, several trees down.
- Baxter: 5” diameter, twenty-five-foot tree down along I-40.
- Bloomingdale:25” hail
Winds that is strong enough to blow trees down certainly can create a good deal of damage to roofs and sidings when propelling hailstones up to the size of golf balls and hens eggs. Adding heavy rain into the mix, which gets wind-driven into cracks and fissures caused by hail, or worse tree branches, is a perfect condition for molds and mildews to grow inside attics and between walls. RestoreMasters urges building owners and homeowners to be very specific about damage when reporting to insurance companies. They have experts who have been helping people in the Crossville, TN area to provide accurate and detailed reports to property insurance companies, in order to get the best coverage for repairs.
Tornadoes, hail, and even strong winds can cause severe wind damage to roofing systems. Some older roofs can sustain damage from only 50 mph winds. The intensity of roof damage is determined by various factors: the velocity and impact of flying debris, the quality of the original installation, the building height and location in relation to other buildings, the angle and shape of the roof, and the material used on the roof.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor