Emergency Roofing Required In Jacksboro, TX In The Wake Of Severe Tornado Damage, March 21, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Texas was overwhelmed with a total of 27 tornadoes, on Monday evening, March 21, 2022. More than half touched down in north Texas, one in Jacksboro, causing severe damage to buildings and homes. RestoreMasters sent crews to the local areas in order to provide clean-up, emergency roof repair, and restoration for buildings damaged by tornadoes and hail.
NBC of Dallas Fort Worth reports that part of the roof of Jacksboro High School was ripped off and a wall from the gym was torn away. The elementary school also sustained damage. The animal shelter in town was also damaged, the extent of which is unknown. Four people required rescuing, 9 residents were injured, but thankfully there were no lives lost in Jacksboro. Other areas did not fair so well, as there were reports of injuries and one death in nearby counties.
The EF-3 tornado, indicated by a black line, began along Inspiration Lane in River Oaks and then moved northeast, leaving a 2-mile wide field of debris, and damage to homes, schools, and commercial buildings. Gray areas indicate incidents of extremely high wind (58 - 73 mph), while yellow areas indicate locations where hail ranging from 1 to 1.25 inches dropped.
The range and extent of damage and destruction can prove to be overwhelming to the untrained. RestoreMasters is reminding commercial business owners to be especially vigilant about safety when cleaning up and doing repairs. They have crews in the area to provide expert advice, as well as assistance in the inspection and clean-up of the aftermath.
National Weather Service damage reports indicate extensive tornado, high wind, and hail damage in Jack county as well as surrounding areas:
- Jack - Nine people were injured. Firefighters reported heavy debris, mobile home damage, and many trees down. A roof collapsed on a house about a mile west of downtown. The high school and grammar school sustained much damage.
- Palo Pinto - An EF-1 tornado touched down over Possum Kingdom Lake, the path was 10 miles. There was minor roof and siding damage to one residence.
- Montague - There was property damage at a gas plant off Hwy 59 south of Bowie. On Hwy 101 a structure collapsed. At Brushy Road, and Bishop Road to Well service road, and to the east there was multiple structures damaged, a great deal of damage to residences, and a house was flattened on Salona Hwy, north of Bowie.
- Wise - Structural damage to multiple homes near Wise county road and at 170 CR-4287 near Paradise.
- Denton - Hail damage caused by quarter-size hail reported near Lincoln Park
- Haskell - Multiple structures had their roofs ripped off, trailers were flipped over, and one person was rescued from inside a trailer. 100 yards of damage was reported.
Tornadoes, high winds and hail can cause a great deal of roof damage. And strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor