Fond du Lac, Wisconsin September 7, 2021 Hail Storm Causes Roof Damage (Repairs Ongoing)
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Heavy thunderstorms hit the Appleton and Fond du Lac, Wisconsin area on Tuesday, September 7th, producing large amounts of hail, wind, and rain. To assist commercial property owners with cleanup, RestoreMasters has dispatched our teams to the local area until further notice.
Residents in the region woke up to a severe weather event that exploded just after sunrise. Many in the region experienced everything from pea sized hailstones up to teacup size, which is traditionally viewed as 3” in diameter or larger.
In areas near Appleton, construction crews told local news outlets that they experienced hail as large as a softball for a solid two minutes. Considering hail as large as an inch in diameter can cause significant damage to buildings, RestoreMasters is encouraging all building owners in the area to inspect carefully for roofing and structural issues.
According to local storm maps, the heaviest bouts of large hail occurred north of Appleton, near New London, and along the southern shores of Lake Winnebago, where they saw chunks in excess of 2” (purple). Communities north of Appleton experienced hail in the 1.75” to 2” (dark orange) and 1.25” to 1.75” (orange) ranges. While the most widespread hail was in the 1” to 1.25” (yellow) size.
This is considered a major hail event, which is why RestoreMasters remains committed to helping our clients mitigate further problems and repair existing damage caused by this storm. We shall keep personnel local for the extended future in an effort to see projects through total completion and assist with any further storm damage through the remainder of the summer.
According to data from the National Weather Service, this storm produced hail and high winds in the Wisconsin counties of:
- Waupaca—1.75” hail and wind near New London.
- Outagamie—Hail measuring tennis ball sized and larger at the Appleton airport. Largest hail in the area measured at a whopping 4.5”. Residents report hail in New London and Hortonville lasting for a minimum of two minutes.
- Marquette—Chunks of hail over an inch near Westfield.
- Brown—2.5” hail listed near Wrightstown.
- Waushara—Pea size hail in the town of Auroraville
- Green Lake—Small to moderate hail falling in Markesan and Berlin.
- Kewaunee—Hail measuring around 1.75” caused damage to cars near Two Creeks.
- Winnebago—Moderate hail in Oshkosh.
- Fond Du Lac—2” hail reported in Ripon. Ping pong ball sized hail in the City of Fond du Lac. Chunks measuring 3” or larger in some areas.
- Calumet—1.25” hailstones reported at Chilton High School.
- Green Lake—Penny to quarter sized hail in Markesan.
- Manitowoc—1.25” hailstones near Cleveland.
- Dane—Steady 1” hailstones in Cross Plains, Middleton, Verona, McFarland, Fitchburg, Stoughton, and across the rest of the county.
In addition to roof damage from hail, strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor