Hail Damage Roof Repair in Norman, OK Following October 10, 2021 Storm
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
A brutal hail storm dropped baseball sized hail on Norman, Oklahoma Sunday night October 10, 2021 causing tremendous damage to cars, structures and roofing systems. This storm was part of a larger system that spawned tornadoes, strong wind and heavy rain across the region.
This Norman hail storm punished an area already recovering from a brutal hail storm that hit Norman and surrounding areas in April of 2021. RestoreMasters has had local roofing crews on the ground in Norman and across other areas of Oklahoma for months and was able to respond quickly to people in need of emergency roof repair, tarping or shrink wrapping after this most recent storm.
Hail maps of the Norman storm show that the largest 3″ baseball sized hailstones (purple) fell on the city center and east, but the entire area was crushed with big hail that was in the range of 2.5″ and larger (dark orange). Long bands of hail damage extended from Altus through Roosevelt all the way to Lake Thunderbird State Park hail sizes ranging from 1.75″ (orange) to 1.25″ (yellow).
Big hail is always a major concern for commercial building owners. According to experts at RestoreMasters, hail as small as 1″ in diameter can cause significant damage to roofing materials. Even when your roof appears unscathed from the ground, a close inspection by professionals can reveal a different story. In response to this hail storm, our teams recommend property owners get a professional inspection to see if you have damage.
According to the National Weather Service, hail and damaging winds were reported in the following Oklahoma counties:
- Cleveland – the entire Norman area reported hail ranging from baseball size to egg size to tea cup size with some wind-driven hail punching through windows, siding and causing severe roof damage. Additional damage included downed power lines, broken building windows and power outages.
- McClain – 1″ and larger hail was reported in Goldsby with 1.5″ and 1.75″ hail reported near Dibble and Blanchard respectfully.
- Kiowa – Roosevelt and rural areas reported significant damage due to wind driven hail.
- Jackson – Altus Air Force Base reported hail of approximately 1″ in size.
- Grady – hail dropped on areas around Amber, Pocasset, Verden and areas north of Chickasha.
- Osage – areas far north of Norman reported 2″ hail around Ponca City.
In addition to roof damage from hail, strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it’s important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don’t think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, tile roof repair, water mitigation, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor