Hail Storm on July 9, 2021 Causes Roof Damage in Alliance, NE
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Damaging storms affected the Alliance, Nebraska area on Friday, July 9th where big hail was dropped over several communities. RestoreMasters has teams on the ground dedicated to assisting local property owners with tasks like emergency roof repairs, hail damage assessments, and other mitigation efforts.
Both wind and hail created significant amounts of damage in the area. The largest hailstones reported during the weather event include those up to 3.5” in diameter and 88 MPH winds in Downtown Alliance. Parts of Angora also experienced large chunks up to 3.3” in size, making them some of the largest seen in the region during the storm.
Local hail maps indicate multiple bands of hail measuring 1” or larger (yellow). Downtown Alliance and areas southwest show clusters of hail reported to be 2.5” inches or larger (purple). Additionally, many locations within the region saw similar issues, shown by the large swath of coloring on the map.
Property owners should be aware that it only takes hail over an inch to cause significant damage to shingles and roofing materials in general. Considering the additional wind gusts and numerous downed trees, there’s a large amount of noticeable damage to buildings throughout the area. RestoreMasters teams are out in full force to help with any damage caused by hail in this event or other associated problems, like falling branches or flying debris.
According to the National Weather Service, hail and high winds were spotted throughout the area. Data indicates the most prominent issues in the counties of:
- Box Butte – Golfball sized hail upwards of 2.5” was spotted in downtown Alliance, with bigger chunks upwards of 3.5” southwest of the city limits. Additionally, there were isolated wind gusts between 86 and 88 MPH.
- Kimball – Hail up to 1.75” reported in Bushnell near Oliver Reservoir.
- Sioux – Nickel-sized hail and wind gusts over 60 MPH throughout the county.
- Dawes – Hail measuring 2.5” was located on radar near Marsland and wind gusts up to 62 MPH.
- Morrill – Extremely large hail reported in this area. Alliance saw chunks of up to 2.5” and Angora experienced those over 3.3” in diameter.
In addition to roof damage from hail, strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it’s important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don’t think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor