High Winds & Tornadoes Create Property & Roof Damage in Euless, Texas, March 21, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
High winds and an EF-0 tornado created a path of destruction and debris in Euless, Texas near DFW Airport on Monday evening, March 21, 2022. This was a part of a massive storm that dropped 16 tornadoes and 1-inch hailstones throughout northern Texas.
RestoreMasters provided crews in the area. They have the skills needed to safely and thoroughly inspect for damage, and assist with emergency roof repair, clean-up, and restoration of commercial and residential buildings.
The tornado was reported to be on the ground for 2 minutes. Dallas Fort Worth Airport reported 350 flights grounded, while they aided in keeping people safe inside their facility. Texas state officials had to close multiple highways due to accidents, flying debris, and tractor-trailers being tossed about in the path of the tornado. Multiple homes and buildings were damaged or destroyed. The most significant damage was on Milam Drive and Harris Drive as many tree limbs were broken off, and large trees were knocked down onto houses.
The hail and wind map below indicates the tornado's path in black. The peak speed was 85 miles per hour. The surrounding area of gray indicates high winds. And the yellow areas on the western side indicate hail. Hail was reported up to 1-inch in some areas.
Great care is needed by building owners when inspecting their buildings and cleaning up debris. Some damage can be hidden or not as apparent to an inexperienced observer, detection requires the experience of seasoned roofers and contractors. For this reason, RestoreMasters has crews in the area to assist with inspections, clean-up, and restoration, as they were in December when tornadoes shredded northern Kentucky.
The National Weather Service reports widespread damage in the area of Euless and DFW airport and surrounding counties:
- Grayson - Straight-line wind damage occurred near Sherman High School, most was sheet metal and a damaged rooftop HVAC. A tornado touched down near Thousand Oak trails. Then moved through Sherwood Shores Community, producing extensive damage. There were 11 injuries and 1 fatality.
- Denton - A brief tornado touched down and caused damage to a Hillside Community Apartments building in Northern Carrollton. Hail damage reported due to quarter-size hail was reported near Lincoln Park.
- Dallas - The Woody building near I-35E and Belt Line sustained miner damage, also a railroad crossing gate was damaged and strong wind ripped a roof off an apartment building in Carrollton.
One-inch hailstones, downed tree branches and high winds can wreak havoc on homes and commercial buildings. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor