Repairing Roof Hail Damage in North & South Dakota From August 30, 2021 Storm
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Incredibly strong storms hit the North Dakota and South Dakota region again on Monday, August 30th, leaving behind yet another wake of damage due to heavy rain, wind, and hail. After a summer of multiple storms, this is the last thing property owners need to deal with and why RestoreMasters continues to keep personnel teams in the area.
Hail measuring in excess of 3” in diameter near Bismarck, North Dakota was reported by local news outlets. The storm also produced 2” hail in Perkins County, South Dakota that lasted for over two minutes. Since hail as small as an inch can cause significant damage to buildings, RestoreMasters is encouraging all property owners to continue to review for additional damage from this latest round of storms.
Local weather maps have the brunt of the hail damage along the state line, stretching from Mott, North Dakota to near Faith, South Dakota. Chunks of falling ice in this swath ranged from 1.75” to 2.5” (dark orange) to well over 2” (purple) in size. Other areas in rural parts of these two states experienced hail measuring 1” to 1.25” (yellow) and 1.25” to 1.75” (orange).
RestoreMasters continues to keep our crews focused on helping commercial property owners in these two states after such an active storm season. Additionally, we plan to stay within the region until well after cleanup is complete.
According to the National Weather Service, hail or damaging winds were reported in the North and South Dakota counties of:
- Morton (North Dakota)—2.75” and larger hail in New Salem. Crops destroyed after hen egg sized hail fell for over a half an hour and 75MPH wind gusts in Flasher.
- Hettinger (North Dakota)—Hail measuring over 3” fell in Mott, damaging cars and buildings.
- McLean (North Dakota)—Dime to quarter sized hail in Emmett and White Shield.
- Adams (North Dakota)—3” hail causing damage to roofs and pole barns in Haynes.
- Hutchison (South Dakota)—Dime sized hail and larger in Freeman, Clayton, and Bridgewater.
- Davison (South Dakota)—Quarter sized hail near Ethan and surrounding towns.
- Hanson (South Dakota)—Pea sized hail in Alexandria.
- Union (South Dakota)—1.75” hail near Beresford.
- Aurora (South Dakota)—Heavy rain and quarter sized hail in Stickney.
- Gregory (South Dakota)—55 MPH wind gusts reported near Pickstown.
- Charles Mix (South Dakota)—Wind gusts exceeding 55 MPH in Wagner.
In addition to roof damage from hail, strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor