RestoreMasters Tornado Response Command Center Deployed in Bowling Green
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
A violent tornado storm system rolled through Kentucky on Friday night, December 10, 2021 shredding parts of the state, flattening structures that resulted in injury and loss of life. Our hearts go out to the families and friends whose loved ones were affected by this disaster.
To assist with recovery efforts, within hours RestoreMasters had deployed crews and personnel to help with debris cleanup and to provide emergency roofing and building dry-in services to property owners throughout Kentucky and surrounding states.
A disaster response command center was set up in Bowling Green stocked with tarping, shrink wrap, TPO, shingles, generators and other building materials. Our experience responding to hurricanes, tornadoes and other severe weather events - along with a vast network of resources - helps property owners get the services they need faster, performed by a company with the experience and skills needed for major recovery events like this.
Wind and hail maps indicate multiple tornadoes mixed with big hail tracking from southwest to northeast over the course of several hours. Black tracks on the map below indicate sustained tornado tracks with areas of accompanying hail in yellow.
If you own a commercial building in the path of this storm, contact RestoreMasters for emergency services. Due to the intensity of this storm, RestoreMasters also suggests commercial business owners request a property damage assessment, even if your building did not have catastrophic damage. Hail as small as 1" can cause damage to many roofing systems. Even if you don't think roof hail damage occurred during the storm, minor hail can cause microfractures and cracks and deterioration that will become apparent later. Also, wind can cause tremendous uplift pressure on roofing systems that may cause roof damage imperceptible to the untrained eye. If you suspect damage to your roofing system, we urge you to contact a professional commercial roofing company immediately to take a look at it for you.
According to the National Weather Service, hail and damaging winds were reported in the following Kentucky counties:
- Muhlenberg - debris from multiple homes and billboards reported along with West Kentucky Parkway. Power outages
- Fulton - damage to cafe and fire department
- Graves - multiple collapsed structures in Mayfield, major damage to infrastructure, mutiple fatalities
- Marshall - total destruction of dozens of homes and businesses in Cambridge Shores and Sherwood Shores areas of Kentucky Lake
- Lyon - dozens of homes in Bell Hollow area along Lake Barkley, some completely destroyed
- Hopkins - total destruction on dozens of homes and commercial buildings. Train cars derailed near Barnsley. Semi trailers and cars flipped
- Christian - severe wind damage
- Warren - multiple collapsed structures, significant building damage to remaining structures
- Taylor - collapsed structure with people inside north of Campbellsville
- Ohio - reports of structural damage to areas north of Hartford
- Spencer - structural wind damage to buildings, downed trees
In addition to roof damage from hail, strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, tile roof repair, water removal, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor