Roof Hail Damage Repaired By Contractors After Central Kentucky Storm, on May 19, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Various areas of central Kentucky were hit with a wide range of hail sizes from pea-size to baseball-size. The baseball size hail can do some great damage, not only to vehicles, trees, landscaping and crops but also to homes and commercial buildings.
According to KFVS12, people were saying they had never seen hail this size before in Central Kentucky, on Thursday, May 19th. Many were so amazed at the size of the stones, that they kept them in their freezers to look at them again the next day. These were golf ball and baseball size chunks of ice that pelted homes, cars, and buildings in Jessamine County.
A roofing company was asked about the scope of damage and they said that the damage they saw was nothing like they had ever seen. The damage went beyond simple repairs, requiring full roof replacements. Solar panels were also damaged. RestoreMasters is working with property owners throughout the area to be sure they will receive the insurance coverage that they need. This hailstorm was accompanied by other hailstorms in other areas, which also dropped huge stones on homes and buildings, like the one in St. Paul, MN on the same day.
The local hail storm map indicates varied patches of hail throughout the central Kentucky area. Up to 1” dominated as seen by the yellow patches. But the center of some hail storms throughout the day, dropped baseball-sized hail as indicated by purple, and golf ball-sized hail indicated by dark orange.
Weather centers and citizens posted images and videos of hailstones and the storm:
From the NOAA National Weather Service storm and damage map, we find a great variety of hail sizes all throughout the area.
- Arjay: Quarter-size hail.
- Aurora:75” hail.
- Jackson: Golf ball-sized hail.
- Dumont: Half dollar-sized hail.
- Harned: Ping pong-ball size.
- Clintonville: 3-inch size hail.
- Colesburg: commercial greenhouse had 20 – 30 holes in it due to quarter-size hail.
- Berry: Large hail up to 3” caused damage to vehicles.
RestoreMasters has been in the Kentucky area aiding property owners, providing shrink wrap on roofing systems or tarp, in order to protect from water damage. They have been preparing to do full restorations and replacements of roofs, sidings and windows, due to the scope of damage caused by these storms.
Severe storms, bringing hail, strong winds, or tornadoes can cause severe roof damage, by ripping off roofing systems. Older roofs are susceptible to severe wind damage, by winds as low as 50 mph. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor