Roof Inspections Due For Hail Damage Insurance Claims Underway, Due To Big Hail Storm In Broome County, New York, On June 1, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Property owners of Broome County, NY endured severe thunderstorms and various-sized hailstones on Wednesday afternoon, June 1st. Storms went on throughout the afternoon and evening. At the time binghamtonhomepage.com reported the storm, about 4000 customers in Broome County were without power.
Hail the size of golf balls drops at up to 40 mph. That kind of impact on a roof can cause great damage to roofing material of all types. Inspecting a residential or a commercial roof for hail damage can be challenging for many people. For accurate damage reports for insurance claims, it requires the vast experience of professionals, to get the best coverage. This is why RestoreMasters offers a complimentary roof inspection.
The thunderstorms rolled through the New York area, west of Binghamton, dropping hail up to 1” (yellow), to 1.75” (orange), and up to 2.5” (dark orange) in size. The largest hail fell in Endwell, NY a township in Broome County. On May 20th a storm hit a little further south, on the New Jersey, Delaware border, they too saw huge hailstones, which is very unusual for the east coast.
Social media images are posted of hail and the storm by news centers and citizens:
The NOAA hail and wind map indicates damage throughout Broome County, New York:
- Endwell: hail the size of golf balls reported, ping pong ball sized hail, tree down on vehicle, tree down on house on University Ave, large tree blocking roadway, large tree on a car, trees uprooted and down
- Vestal: 2.25” hail measured 30 minutes after it fell.
- Binghamton: pea to quarter-sized hail southside of Binghamton, multiple trees down in yards.
RestoreMasters is in the area to assist with roof inspections for insurance reporting, as well as emergency shrink wrapping or tarping to temporarily cover homes and commercial buildings until such a time when more permanent repairs and restorations can be completed.
Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Older roofs are susceptible to severe wind damage, by winds as low as 50 mph. Several factors will determine the severity of roof damage: the height of the building and proximity to nearby structures, the quality of work by the original installers, the shape and angle of the roof, the age and type of roofing materials, and the impact from debris.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor