Roof Inspections For Wind & Hail Damage Insurance Claims Due to Northern Ohio Storm, On June 1, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Northern Ohio got hit hard with heavy winds on Wednesday evening, June 1st. News 5 Cleveland reporter interviewed Sarah Forrer a Hudson, Ohio resident who stated, “In 15 minutes, all the damage was done fast and furious. And we have a hole in our roof and we have about a dozen trees down. It was a mess. It was honestly one of those things, so surreal. I know it could’ve been much worse. We could have been hurt.”
Downtown Hudson was flooded, trees were toppled, split, and uprooted. About 75% of Hudson Public Power had outages due to downed power lines and poles. It was a little less than a month ago that central Ohio was hit by two tornadoes and hail, on May 3rd.
RestoreMasters deployed roof inspection experts to the area to assist with wind and hail damage insurance claims reporting. They are offering free inspections for anyone who may be concerned about the impact of the storm on their roof. Whether a home or a commercial building, the RestoreMasters expert team can help.
The local wind and hail map shows a large swath of wind in the 58-73 mph range (gray) between Cleveland and Akron, Ohio. Almost dead center of the storm was a patch of heavier wind, gusting up to 95 miles per hour (deep blue), covering most of Hudson, Ohio, and surrounding communities. The yellow swath, in the center, indicates hail
An EF-1 tornado has a wind speed range of 86 – 110. The winds in this storm blowing at tornadic speeds, caused as much trouble to property owners. And areas where up to half dollar-sized hail fell, even more damage due to wind propelled stones against ceramic tiled or asphalt shingled roofs.
Local social media posts show images and videos of the storm and the damage.
Hyperlapse video taken at start of the storm in Mantua (Portage county)this afternoon....thought I seen a funnel that's why I panned over to the left but I'm not a #meteorologist 😃#OHwx #wx #weather #ohio #storms #Thunderstorm #severeweather pic.twitter.com/4FzyvZ6ekN— 💎Mary Alice💎 #Sassy (@missalice569) June 2, 2022
NOAA’s Storm incident map and report list many incidents of trees and powerlines down, heavy winds and large hail throughout the Northern Ohio area:
- Bettsville: Estimated 60 mph wind.
- Hudson: 1-inch hail, trees down in the backyard, tree split and fell on a power line, numerous trees down at Hudson Springs Park, tree and power lines down.
- McComb: Quarter-sized hail.
- Massillon: Medium to large tree limbs downed.
- Celina: Power pole down on Gause Rd. between St. Anthony Rd.
- Fostoria: Power lines downed on the North side of Fostoria.
- Castalia: Four Power poles down on US Route 6 and County Rd, a person trapped in a car in between poles, not injured.
- Republic: Seneca county reported a few trees down.
- Carrollton: Two trees down on State Route 171.
- Lorain: Tree down on house.
- Sheffield: Tree into power lines and a car on East River Rd, ½ inch hail, tree down on house.
- Elyria: Trees and power lines down southeast of Elyria.
- Lexington: Roof blown off a trailer and a transformer fell onto another trailer on State Route 97, near Richland county line.
- Peninsula: Trees down on Riverview Road, south of Everett.
- Stow: 55 – 60 mph wind.
- Wooster: Tree downed along Route 83 North of Wooster.
- Streetsboro: 70 mph wind gusts, and one-inch hail.
- Twinsburg: Multiple trees snapped off.
- Mantua: Uprooted trees in Shalersville Twp.
- Latty: Large power transmission lines snapped on Road 82, an old barn on road 107 had its roof blown off, and a few tree limbs broken at the same location.
- Newton Falls: Widespread tree and power line damage.
- Braceville Twp.: Widespread tree and power line damage.
- Champion Heights: 6” diameter limb down.
- Holmesville: Tree fell on power lines at the intersection of State Route 241 and County Road 189.
- Warren: Numerous trees down.
- Dayton: Trees down into the yard.
- Canton: Tree down.
- Hubbard: Tree and wires down.
- Lewisburg: Multiple trees down on N. Sulphur Springs Road.
- Youngstown: Trees and wires down.
- Shawtown: Large trees down and roofs and siding blew off several trailers and barns.
- Hanoverton: Trees down on a house and one just north of town.
- McComb: several trees down.
- Reigel: many trees down, across big spring township.
- Bloomville: large tree limb downed on Miller Road, South of Seneca/Crawford County line.
- Attica: many trees down across Venice Township.
- Chandlersville: Trees and power lines down.
- Findlay: Several utility poles down, trees snapped 10 feet up from the base in the area of Township Road 99 and county road 212, trees down and blocking road at County Road 236 and county road 212.
- Goshen: Tress reported down near the intersection of St route 416 and 259.
- Shelby: Several Electrical poles were downed.
- Derwent: Trees and power lines down.
- Mingo Junction: Few trees and power lines down.
RestoreMasters is poised to assist Northern Ohio residents with roof inspections, temporary repairs, and eventual restorations.
Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can sustain damage from only 50 mph winds. Roof damage can be severe or mild, depending on various factors which include: materials used on the roof, impact of debris, building height and proximity to other buildings, age, angle and shape of the roof and type of roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Mitigation
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor