Roof Leak Repair Needed After Hailstorm Pelts Northwest Arkansas on Friday, April 15, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Northwest Arkansas sustained heavy property damage as a fast-moving hailstorm pounded rooftops in Benton and Washington counties on Friday, April 15th, 2022. RestoreMasters has hail damage roof repair specialists in the area to affect emergency leak repairs before the next storm sweeps across Oklahoma into the Natural State.
Fox 24 issued a weather alert indicating that a storm would travel through the Northwest corner, likely drenching Benton and Washington counties, among others. But the seemingly light spring rains were predicted to turn hazardous before nightfall.
“A second wave of energy will bring severe weather potential Friday night, including the possibility of damaging wind gusts, large hail, and one or two tornadoes,” Fox 24 reported. “Locations under the hatched area for hail could see hail sizes over 2-inches (hen egg/lime size) in diameter.”
Local hail damage maps show a large storm front stretching from west of Farmington through Springdale and as far east as Hindsville Lake. The yellow bands stretching from east to west highlight moderate icefall of approximately 1-inch in diameter. The light orange swaths show hail as large as 1.75 inches, striking Wheeler, Johnson, and as far east as Pilgrims Rest. Heavier ice balls up to 2.5 inches pelted south Springdale. But the largest hailstones — estimated at more than 2.5 inches — battered Springdale neighborhoods and the Springdale Municipal Airport.
Hail storms and images of stones are reported by citizens and news outlets on social media:
The National Weather Service storm damage maps show multiple hail, high wind, and tornado fronts trekking across Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama. All told, 16 wind events, seven tornados, and 55 hail reports were fielded by the national reporting service. Severe weather storms hit Northwest Arkansas hard Friday evening, and some trailed overnight into April 16th, dissipating before dawn. Wide-reaching hail property damage reports indicate the following communities sustained losses.
- Fayetteville: Ice the size of quarters blanketed the community just before midnight.
- Springdale: Taking the brunt of the hailstorm, the Washington County community sustained significant damage as ice the size of tennis balls pummeled commercial roofs and other structures overnight.
- Business Districts: Areas along Highway 412 and Route 49 experienced the largest ice stone hits during the overnight storm.
- Route 412: Communities including Sonora, Blue Springs Village, Pilgrims Rest, and Spring Valley saw quarter-sized ice blanket neighborhoods and businesses around the highway stretching from Springdale to the east before waning above Hindsville.
Commercial and residential property owners are urged to contact emergency roof repair specialists to inspect the condition of the building and promptly repair roof leaks. Rain and moisture can seep into cracks, weaken load-bearing supports and spur hazardous mold growths behind walls.
RestoreMasters recently responded to Eastern Arkansas, where property owners needed emergency roofing services to repair leaks and secure structures after hailstorms and tornadoes ravaged communities around Russellville and Fort Smith on Monday, April 11th, 2022.
Some roofing systems can be severely harmed by damage from heavy winds, tornadoes, or hail. Winds as low as 50 mph can cause some older roofs to be damaged. The intensity of roof damage is determined by various factors: the velocity and impact of flying debris, the quality of the original installation, the building height and location in relation to other buildings, the angle and shape of the roof, and the material used on the roof.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor