Roof Repair, Building Restoration Contractor Fixes Hail, Wind & Tornado Damage in Southern Mississippi Following November 29, 2022 Storm
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Hailstones, high winds, and tornadoes ravaged Southern Mississippi on Tuesday, Nov. 29th, leaving an aftermath of hail and wind damage requiring emergency roof repair and building restoration services.
RestoreMasters has emergency roof repair and inspection technicians in the area. Commercial, agricultural and institutional building owners can call the roof repair office in Jackson, MS, for a prompt response.
“Residents in several towns across Louisiana and Mississippi took cover as tornado sirens blared late Tuesday, and forecasters warned of the threat of strong twisters capable of tracking long distances on the ground as a severe weather outbreak erupted in the Deep South,” according to the Associated Press.
Fox Weather posted footage of tornadoes ripping through the South, “damaging churches and destroying homes.”
Effected commercial, agricultural, and institutional property owners are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection. A thorough commercial roof inspection following intense storms can identify sometimes unnoticed high wind and hail roof damage that doesn’t immediately leak. Not taking advantage of commercial roof inspection services can result in delays, and insurance carriers denying claims.
A local high wind, tornado, and hail damage map shows a pair of hailstorms sweeping across Southern Mississippi. Yellow sections indicate hail up to 1.25 inches pelted areas east of McComb and north of Columbia. The orange concentrations at the center of those storm fronts point to hailstones up to 1.75 inches inflicting roof hail damage.
The black streaks near Laurel, McComb, and Leakesville, prove that tornadoes touched down, tearing paths of destruction.
Tornado and storm damage videos posted on social media:
The town of Bassfield, Mississippi is once again cleaning up from a tornado.— FOX Weather (@foxweather) November 30, 2022
Back in 2020, an EF-4 tornado hit the area.
FOX Weather's @Max_Gorden is there with a look of the damage and talking to residents as they begin cleaning up. #MSwx pic.twitter.com/SMF4L6B75D
The National Weather Service hail, high wind, and tornado damage map shows numerous storms stretching across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky. All told, there were 95 high wind incidents, 42 hailstorms, and 57 tornados on Tuesday, Nov. 29th. Traditional news outlets and social media platforms reported extensive damage across Southern Mississippi that includes the following.
- Amite County: Golf ball-sized ice caused roof hail damage across Smithdale. Trees were downed along Highway 567.
- Jasper County: Powerlines were downed and a metal roof was torn off a building. It was discovered in the middle of a road after the tornado warning ended.
- Jefferson Davis County: Bassfield was peppered by hail the size of quarters at approximately 5:15 pm. A twister was confirmed along Highway 35, downing utility poles, and inflicting structural damage to nearby buildings. A transformer was reportedly destroyed as tree limbs and debris covered roads.
- Lawrence County: A twister caused structural damage to at least one building.
- Marion County: A tornado edged across the county line into the Foxworth area.
- Simpson County: Multiple tornado sightings were reported as trees were toppled and metal panels were torn off structures.
RestoreMasters emergency roof repair teams and commercial building inspectors provided services to ailing property owners across Arkansas after multiple tornadoes caused widespread wind roof damage on November 4, 2022.
Some roofing systems can be severely harmed by damage from heavy winds, tornadoes, or hail. Winds as low as 50 mph can cause some older roofs to be damaged. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor