Roofing Contractor Fixes Storm Damage in Emporia, KS Following September 17, 2022 Hail & Wind Storm
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Hail and high winds ripped through Emporia, KS, on Saturday, Sept. 17th, downing utility poles and leaving commercial property owners in need of emergency roof repair. RestoreMasters has contractors who can be contacted at the roof repair offices in Wichita, Kansas, to provide commercial roof inspection services in support of an insurance claim and fix damaged buildings.
“A tree reportedly fell onto a roof at the height of the Saturday afternoon storm in Emporia. A pole was broken at 12th Avenue and Industrial Road. Wind gusts estimated at 70 miles per hour knocked down limbs and power lines five miles south-southwest of Reading. The LCECC reported Neosho Rapids lost power completely, as did part of Americus,” The Emporia Gazette reported. “Winds in the 60-mph range were reported at Emporia Municipal Airport, as well as north of Olpe and north of Neosho Rapids. Law officers reported hail in the Neosho Rapids area was about the size of golf balls, combining with the wind to strip leaves from trees.”
Extreme temperatures following the water seepage from high wind and hail roof damage are setting buildings up for potential mold growth. Commercial property owners are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection to avoid unnecessary remediation.
A local high wind and hail damage map indicates a large hailstorm stretched from Americus to the southeast of Lebo, with intense concentrations over Neosho Rapids. The yellow sections on the hailstorm map show ice chunks up to 1.25 inches making landfall. The light orange shows hail up to 1.75 inches pelting automobiles and buildings. But the dark orange demonstrates hailstones up to 2.5 inches in diameter inflicted roof damage.
The light grayish swath over Emporia points to high winds that neared hurricane force and left a wake of property and wind roof damage.
Hail storm images and videos were shared on social media:
The National Weather Service high wind and hail damage map shows storm concentrations over Central Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Northern Minnesota. Local news and social media reporting highlight the heavy property and roof damage sustained in Lyon County and abutting communities.
- Americus: Hail the size of hen eggs pounded rooftops during the mid-afternoon. The sustained icefall covered lawns and decks as strong winds uprooted trees.
- Emporia: High winds reached 65 mph as trees were toppled and utility poles fell. A barn was significantly damaged.
- Geary County: Gusts reached 70 mph with reports of wind damage across Grandview Plaza and Junction City.
- Neosho Rapids: Hailstones the size of ping pong balls peppered commercial and agricultural buildings from 4:21 pm to 4:40 pm. Straight line winds of 60 mph stripped the leaves from trees.
- Reading: Broken tree limbs and downed power lines blocked roads after 70 mph winds swept through Lyon County.
- Saffordville: Trained spotters observed winds estimated at 60 mph flatten vegetation, while hail pelted areas of Chase County.
- Wilsey: The Morris County community was blanketed by quarter-sized hail.
It’s essential to have a commercial roof inspection performed following a severe weather event to ensure roof leaks are cured. RestoreMasters worked with property owners to implement emergency roof repair strategies and perform roof inspections to fast-track insurance claims in Lincoln, NE, after a hailstorm hit on June 16, 2022.
Strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage.
Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour.
The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind.
If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) are covered with a durable shrink-wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place. That way you can prevent mold growth from water intrusion.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map.
Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away.
And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof, or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, tile roof repair, water removal, burst pipe repair, water damage restoration, fire damage cleanup & fire damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, tornado damage roofing & restoration, hurricane damage roofing & restoration, mold remediation, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help recovering from storm damage, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet.
A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor