Emergency Roof Repair Contractor On Scene After Wind Storms Damage Northeast Illinois Buildings on November 5, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Treacherous wind storms raced through Northeast Illinois on Saturday, Nov. 5th, leaving a wake of destruction and property owners in need of emergency roof repair. Crews were dispatched to secure roof wind damage before the rain soaked building interiors, forcing commercial building owners to seek water removal and remediation. RestoreMasters commercial roof inspection and repair specialists are in the area. Impacted building owners can contact them at the roof repair office in Chicago, IL.
“Thousands of Chicago-area residents were without power on Saturday as a strong storm barreled through. The wind gusts were up to 60 mph, according to the National Weather Service. ComEd said that as of about 4 p.m., there were 1,354 outages affecting 28,535 customers,” Fox 32 reported. “There were trees down in many places, including Chicago, Elgin, and Griffith, Indiana. The storm also blew the roof off of an apartment building in Elk Grove Village.”
Commercial, industrial, and institutional building owners are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection. Although numerous structures suffered obvious roof wind damage, loose flashing, raised panels, and compromised seams in flat roofing systems often result in slow leaks. Commercial roof inspection services identify problem areas and the report supports a property owner’s insurance claim.
A local wind damage map shows multiple high-wind events highlighted in gray sections to the east of Chicago. Communities such as Rockford, Freeport, Sterling, Belvidere, and Joliet, took direct high-wind hits. The dark areas over Schaumburg and others indicate tornado-force winds inflicted heavy damage.
Social media images of wind storm activity:
The National Weather Service hailstorm, tornado, and wind damage map for Saturday, Nov. 5th, shows a concentration of storms over Northeast Illinois, and Southern Wisconsin. All told, there were 66 high wind incidents and two tornadoes touched down within 24 hours. Traditional news outlets and social media reports highlighted the need for emergency roofing support.
- Big Rock: A twister touched down in Kendall County, driving 80 mph winds along the I-30 corridor. Trees snapped and utility poles were downed.
- Coal Valley: Trees were toppled along Route 6.
- Colona: Trees and powerlines were dropped, leaving residents without power.
- DuPage Airport: Wind gusts were recorded as high as 77 mph at the airport.
- Gridley: The canopy of a gas station was destroyed in McLean County. Impacted roofs were compromised by torrential downpours.
- Lakeview: Social media images show trees fallen on top of automobiles.
- Lanark: Reports of power lines being torn off buildings were reported in Whiteside County.
- Loves Park: Multiple reports of power lines and outages circulated in Winnebago County.
- Rapids City: Rock Island County law enforcement reported multiple trees down.
- Rockford Airport: Straight-line wind speeds were recorded as high as 59 mph at the airport.
- Roselle: Areas of Cook County suffered through destructive winds that reached 80 mph.
- Stockton: Wind speeds topped 75 mph, as widespread property damage was reported in Jo Daviess County.
- Tampico: Wind speeds neared 60 mph as roof shingles were torn and utility poles fell, according to law enforcement reports.
- Urbana: Powerful wind gusts reached 66 mph in Champaign County.
- Yorkville: Pictures of siding torn off a building was posted on social media.
When even minor wind and roof hail damage occurs, moisture infiltrations weaken support infrastructure and spur hazardous old growths. A commercial roof inspection professional locates leaks, so they can be cured.
RestoreMasters dispatched commercial roof inspection technicians to document the hail roof damage in St. Charles, IL, after a September 18, 2022, storm.
Severe storms, bringing hail, strong winds, or tornadoes can cause severe roof damage, by ripping off roofing systems.
Winds as low as 50 mph can cause some older roofs to be damaged.
The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
It's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment following severe weather like this so that you can determine whether you have roof damage from hail or high winds.
Circumstances do not always allow for immediate repair of roof leaks. In the meantime, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can cover the roof or affected area with a tarp or with a durable plastic shrink wrap material, until such a time when more permanent repairs can be made. We need to stop more moisture damage, so we can prevent mold growth.
If your property was anywhere within the storm damage map, it would be best to get your roof inspected, even if you think your roof was not damaged.
Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away.
And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
We serve the following types of property owners with hail or wind damage to tile roofing: hospitals and clinics, schools, universities, institutions, churches, condos, hotels, resorts, retail properties, warehouses, mult-family, historical properties, industrial properties and residential properties.
Call us today, if your building or roofing system has seen damage from fallen trees or collapsed roof or any other damage from hail, tornadoes or wind storms.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, tile roof repair, water removal, burst pipe repair, water damage restoration, fire damage cleanup & fire damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, tornado damage roofing & restoration, hurricane damage roofing & restoration, mold remediation, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need storm damage repair, contact RestoreMasters.
As one of the nation's leading large loss claims experts, our team of independent adjusters works directly with your insurance company to help expedite the process and get your facility back to full operation in no time.
A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
We provide repair, replacement and restoration services due to tornado damage and hurricane damage for the following roofing systems: TPO roofing, metal roofing, tile roofing, slate roofing, asphalt shingle roofing, EPDM roofing, roof coatings, torch down roofing, BUR roofing, SBS-modified roofing, PVC roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor