Roofing Restoration Experts Dispatched to Wichita Falls, Texas After Destructive Storms on November 10, 2021
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Severe storms caused significant damage in the Wichita Falls area of northern Texas on Wednesday, November 10th, dropping large hail and even producing a brief EF-1 tornado. Due to the large scope of the storm, RestoreMasters has deployed teams to the area to assist with cleanup, repairs, and more over the coming weeks.
Video reports on social media of large hail falling from the sky throughout northern Texas show the magnitude of what happened. The good news is that the vast majority of the damage is related to the falling ice, while the tornadic winds were isolated to a semi-rural path.
Most residents experienced vehicle and roof damage due to the storm. Thus, RestoreMasters encourages all commercial property owners to carefully inspect roofing and buildings for signs of damage. While this is only a moderate storm compared to others that have happened in the area in the past, it is important to note that hail as small as an inch in diameter can cause significant roofing material degradation. Failure to act now could possibly lead to bigger issues during future storms, such as flooding, mold, leaks, and more. RestoreMasters will continue to keep teams in the area until the cleanup process is complete.
According to hail maps, the largest chunks of ice were centered northeast of Wichita Falls and near Sanger, measuring between 1.75” to 2” in diameter (dark orange). Other areas north of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area experienced hail in the 1” to 1.25” (yellow) range. Some of the hail fell directly in the Dallas area.
Based on National Weather Service records, hail and damaging winds occurred in the Texas counties of:
- Harrison — Brief touchdown of an EF-1 tornado near Scottsville and Waskom. This was a rural area that only sustained tree damage.
- Wichita — Hail as large as 2” in diameter near Haynesville, with chunks of ice as large as 1.75” in Wichita Falls.
- Archer — Quarter-sized hail in Lakeside City and wind gusts up to 58 mph in Wichita Falls.
- Cooke — Hail as big as half dollar size to golf ball size near Valley View.
- Clay — Ice chunks as large as an inch in diameter fell near Buffalo Springs.
- Jack — Half-dollar-sized hail reported in Newport.
- Denton — Major hail damage throughout the county. Pieces as big as 1.5” fell near Sanger, with additional large hail in Aubrey, Pilot Pointe, and Krugerville.
- Collin — Quarter-sized hail reported in Murphy.
- Tarrant — Hail around an inch in diameter fell near Keller.
- Dallas — Half-dollar-sized hail was reported in Dallas at I-30 and MacArthur Boulevard.
Tornadoes and strong winds can rip open some roofing systems and cause severe roof wind damage. Some older roofs can be damaged by winds as low as 50 miles per hour. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
Following severe weather like this, it's important to get a thorough roof inspection & property damage assessment to determine whether or not you have roof damage from hail or wind. If roof leaks do occur, an experienced disaster roofing contractor can stop leaks with tarping or shrink wrapping, where affected areas (or the entire roof) is covered with a durable shrink wrapped plastic membrane till permanent repairs can take place.
Even if you don't think your roof was damaged, you will want to get your roof inspected if your property falls anywhere within the hail damage map. Some storm damage problems do not produce symptoms right away. And insurance company deadlines could hinder your ability to file a claim later.
Emergency response crews are available to assist commercial property owners with roof damage, siding and window damage and turnkey restoration services.
Our clients include: schools, hospitals, hotels, churches, resorts, retail, warehouse, industrial and other commercial properties as well as residential properties with hail or wind damage to tile roofing systems.
If your building recently sustained damage due to wind, hail, falling trees, collapsed roof or other storm-related issues, give us a call today.
RestoreMasters is a hail damage roofing and restoration contractor and provides storm damage restoration services including: commercial and industrial roofing, emergency roof repair, tarping & shrink wrap roofing, water damage restoration, debris cleanup, disaster response, interior restoration and construction services to rebuild your property.
If you need help, contact RestoreMasters.
As large loss claims experts, our team works directly with your insurance company to get your facility back on its feet. A turnkey restoration contractor, we can help you with all phases of restoration from emergency response services to total build back.
Our team of professionals includes: insurance claims experts, public adjusters, building engineers, roofing engineers, interior construction experts, large loss attorneys and other professionals specialized in storm damage insurance restoration projects.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor