Commercial Roof Inspections in Bowie, MD for Wind & Tornado Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on July 5, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
A tornado ripped through Bowie, MD, Tuesday, July 5th, taking residents by surprise and leaving a wake of property and roof damage. Cleanup from the high winds and flying debris are underway as emergency roof repair efforts secure buildings from water damage. RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection services and repair specialists in Prince George’s County.
“I was looking out the window and I see this coming down and said what’s that, and my wife came out and said that’s a trampoline from somewhere. We went underneath the stairs where we have a closet, so we got in there and just prayed, but it was a matter of seconds. You know like it just happened,” Tommy Martinez reportedly told ABC News 7. “We have the roof damage, and a lot of the siding is gone we have a busted window out the back. The backyard is just destroyed.”
Bowie and other Prince George’s County property owners can request a complimentary roof inspection to expedite insurance claims and fund necessary tornado roof damage repairs. Reports indicate community members received severe weather alerts only moments before the twister tore a path 125 yards wide and trekked more than a mile.
A local map of the tornado in Bowie, MD, shows a dark band stretching from Moylan Drive to Route 3 near the Bowie Playhouse. The dark area indicates a tornado-force weather event generating winds upwards of 90 mph.
Storm and damage images posted by weather centers and people from the area.
The National Weather Service hail, high wind, and tornado damage map for Tuesday, July 5th, indicates a concentrated wind incident and tornado in Maryland, a 250-mile “derecho” storm devastating South Dakota and Iowa, as well as major fronts in North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, and isolated incidents scattered across the country. Local news and social media reports highlighted the tornado and high wind damage suffered in Bowie, MD, and the surrounding area.
- Bowie: Numerous buildings sustained damage, trees were uprooted, and utility poles were snapped in half. Residential and commercial buildings lost power.
- College Park: A resident was reportedly injured after a portion of a house collapsed.
- Deale: Broken trees and limbs blocked parts of Brooks Woods Road.
- Galesville: High winds downed trees near West River.
- Greenbelt: Trees were toppled, and branches blocked Springfield and Odell roads.
- Londontowne: Eyewitnesses confirmed a twister touched down near the intersection of Birdsville, Muddy Creek, and Solomons Island roads in Anne Arundel County.
In nearby Montgomery County, dozens of families were displaced after residential and multifamily units sustained high wind and tornado damage. It’s crucial to have a commercial roof inspection conducted even if a building does not appear to suffer from tornado damage. The vacuum force created by a twister pulls at siding, gutters, and roofing systems, weakening their ability to protect the structure from water penetrations.
RestoreMasters responded to West Long Branch and Monmouth County, NJ, to complete hail damage commercial roof inspections and repairs after a storm hit July 2, 2022.
Some roofing systems can be severely harmed by damage from heavy winds, tornadoes, or hail. Winds as low as 50 mph can cause some older roofs to be damaged. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor