Commercial Roof Inspections in Decorah & Postville, IA for Hail Damage Insurance Claims After Storm on June 28, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
A fast-moving storm inflicted hail damage to roofs in Decorah and Postville, IA, and the surrounding area on Tuesday, June 28th, leaving property owners in need of emergency roof repair and commercial roof inspection services. Hail roof damage presents as cracks in sealants, flashing, shingles, and panels, leaving commercial buildings vulnerable to subsequent water damage. That’s why RestoreMasters dispatched emergency roof inspection and repair professionals to areas in and around Decorah and Postville, IA.
“Large hail is a concern with any severe thunderstorms that develop, and that threat extends from western areas of Michigan's Upper Peninsula and across Wisconsin into eastern Minnesota and northeastern Iowa,” Fox Weather reported.
Commercial property owners are advised to request a complimentary roof inspection and create a record of the hail roof damage. A certified roofing contractor can provide a detailed assessment that helps fast-track the insurance claims process and reduce denials.
A local hailstorm damage map shows a long hailstorm front stretching from north of Cresco through Decorah and Postville and ending near Clayton Center. The yellow swaths point to ice up to 1.25 inches around pelting residential neighborhoods and business districts. Dense orange areas indicate hailstones 1.75 inches in diameter struck windshields, rooftops, and agricultural buildings. Decorah and Postville took the brunt of the largest hailstone strikes.
Storm image posted on social media.
The National Weather Service tornado, high wind, and hail damage map for Tuesday, June 28th, shows a hail cluster over Northeast Iowa, with other storm fronts in Montana, Utah, Wisconsin, and isolated incidents across the country. A variety of reports highlight the property and hail damage to roofing systems in Clayton, Winneshiek, and Allamakee counties.
- Decorah: Hail the size of golf balls pounded rooftops.
- Elkader: Building to the northeast of town saw ice the size of quarters make landfall.
- Harmony: Hail the size of half-dollars pounded automobiles and buildings after 7 pm in Winneshiek County.
- Kendallville: Hailstones the size of ping pong balls cracked shingles and dented metal roofing systems.
- Postville: Ice the size of a hen egg struck commercial and agricultural buildings in areas of Allamakee and Clayton counties.
The importance of a commercial roof inspection following a hailstorm cannot be understated. A photographic record allows property owners to file a successful claim and avoid unnecessary water damage and mold growths later. RestoreMasters put commercial roof inspection services technicians and emergency roof repair teams in the field after a hail storm impacted businesses in Oconomowoc, WI, on June 10, 2022.
Tornadoes, hail, and even strong winds can cause severe wind damage to roofing systems. Older roofs are susceptible to severe wind damage, by winds as low as 50 mph. Roof damage can be severe or mild, depending on various factors which include: materials used on the roof, impact of debris, building height and proximity to other buildings, age, angle and shape of the roof and type of roofing.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor