Contractor Helps Decatur, TX, Make Roof Repairs After Tornado & High Winds Strike December 13, 2022
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
Property owners in Decatur, TX, experienced the destructive force of tornadoes on Tuesday, Dec. 13th, as roofs were torn off and tractor-trailers flipped over. Many required emergency roof repair efforts as severe weather events pounded Wise County and the greater Dallas Fort Worth area.
RestoreMasters has commercial roof inspection and repair teams in the vicinity to prevent rain from causing preventable water damage. Commercial property owners who suffered losses or suspect wind damage are urged to call the roof repair office in Dallas, TX.
“Wise County officials stated the storm system entered the Decatur area at about 7 a.m. Tuesday and continued moving northeast, causing multiple reports of damages. The primary areas of concern were east of Paradise and south of Decatur,” ABC 8 News reported.
The images circulating on traditional news and social media show entire roofing systems torn off, leaving exposed rafters. Commercial property owners are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection to help expedite insurance claims.
Those not currently experiencing a leaking roof are encouraged to consider taking advantage of commercial roof inspection services. Wind roof damage can go unnoticed until water spots appear on ceilings. Documenting the high wind and tornado roof damage helps avoid having a claim denied later.
A local map of the tornado in Decatur shows a long black line that highlights the path of the twister. It runs from SFM 51 south of the Wise County Fairgrounds, across Route 81 and 380, and treks northeast toward Allison.
Tornado and damage videos posted on social media:
The National Weather Service hailstorm, high wind, and tornado map for Tuesday, Dec. 13th, shows a dense cluster of storms in Northeast Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Southern Arkansas. All told, eight hailstorms, 30 high-wind incidents, and 34 tornados were reported over 24 hours. News and social media outlets reported the following damage in Decatur and neighboring communities.
- Decatur: Roofs were completely torn off buildings and tractor-trailers were flipped over on Route 287 in Wise County.
- Godley: Hailstones the size of limes struck buildings and automobiles in Johnson County. Extensive roof hail damage repairs are anticipated.
- Grapevine: Tornadoes ravaged business districts, damaging the Grapevine Mills Mall, Sam’s Club, Walmart, and other commercial buildings. Grapevine Middle School was reportedly evacuated before sustaining roof wind damage.
- Hudson Oaks: Trees were toppled and an apartment complex sustained significant damage in Parker County.
- Jacksboro: Agricultural buildings were badly damaged along Highway 281 in Jack County.
- Lipan: Trees were downed along I-20 in Palo Pinto County.
Weatherford: Multiple Class 8 commercial vehicles were rolled by high winds along I-20 and Dennis Road. A commercial building suffered roof wind damage nearby.
RestoreMasters emergency roof repair specialists responded to the devastation after tornadoes ripped through Southeast Oklahoma on November 4, 2022. Using techniques such as tarping and shrink wrapping, costly water damage can be avoided.
Tornadoes, hail, and even strong winds can cause severe wind damage to roofing systems. Older roofs are susceptible to severe wind damage, by winds as low as 50 mph. The severity of roof damage depends on several factors including: type and age of roofing materials, presence of flying debris, roof shape and angle, building height and proximity to adjacent structures and the quality of original roof installation.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor