Roofing Contractor Responds to Hail, Wind & Tornado Damage in Central Mississippi After November 29, 2022 Storms Pound Southern States
Commercial Roofing & Restoration
At least eight tornadoes ripped through Central Mississippi on Tuesday, Nov.29th, leaving a wake of destruction and property owners in dire need of emergency roof repair.
RestoreMasters readied commercial roof inspection services and roof hail damage professionals as meteorologists predicted massive losses would be sustained across the region. Commercial property owners who need an inspection to fast-track insurance claims can call the roof repair office in Jackson, MS.
“The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency said two injuries were reported in Pike County and so far, there have been reports of damage to 47 homes and two poultry farms. The majority of the damage was reported in Lowndes County, where the (National Weather Service) confirmed an EF2 tornado struck, damaging 20 homes. Twelve homes were damaged in Jasper County, where an EF2 tornado was confirmed,” according to KION 46 news. “The tornado in Bassfield laid waste to an agriculture building but missed a nearby house. Around the corner, a torn roof and shattered walls were just one sign of how strong the winds were.”
Commercial, institutional, and agricultural building owners concerned about wind, hail, or tornado damage are urged to request a complimentary roof inspection. It’s not uncommon for tornadoes to generate a vacuum force that negatively impact roofing systems. Many suffer delayed roof leaks and insurance corporations may be inclined to deny late claims.
A local high wind, hail, and tornado damage map shows a pair of hailstorms trekking across Central Mississippi. The yellows areas south of Winona and north of West Point show hailstones up to 1.25 inches pelted automobiles and roofing systems. The orange centers of these storms indicate hailstones up to 1.75 inches cracked shingles and dented metal roof panels.
Black streaks near Columbus, Eupora, Vaiden, and Artesia, demonstrate twisters touched down, wreaking havoc across neighborhoods, farmland, and business districts.
Tornado images and storm videos posted on social media:
The National Weather Service hail, high wind, and tornado damage map shows numerous storms stretching across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky. All told, there were 95 high wind incidents, 42 hailstorms, and 57 tornados on Tuesday, Nov. 29th. Traditional and social media platforms reported extensive damage across Central Mississippi that includes the following.
- Attala County: A twister touched down north of Carmack.
- Carroll County: Vaiden was pounded by hail the size of hen eggs, according to social media posts.
- Choctaw County: Images confirmed a tree crashed through a roof in Sherwood. A building was badly damaged in Bywy, and an RV was tossed across Hester Road. In Chester, downed trees blocked roads.
- Hinds County: A twister toppled trees on Highway 22 near Brownsville.
- Holmes County: Ice stones the size of half-dollars pelted Tchula.
- Lee County: Baldwyn took hail strikes the size of golf balls at 10:30 pm.
- Lowndes County: Heavy tornado damage was sustained in Woodlawn, where people were trapped in Malones Grocery. The doors of the Station Two Fire Dept. building were torn off and the roof caved. A church steeple was reportedly destroyed by the fierce winds. Social media images show possible tornado damage at Mt. Zion Presbyterian Church.
- Monroe County: High winds ripped shingles and entire roofs off buildings across the county.
- Sunflower County: At least four utility poles were downed in the Inverness area.
The high wind and hail damage to roofing systems can be promptly inspected and repaired by enlisting the support of an experienced restoration contractor. RestoreMasters responded to Demopolis, AL, to make fix hail damage and provide commercial roof inspection services after a storm struck on October 12, 2022.
Some roofing systems can be severely harmed by damage from heavy winds, tornadoes, or hail. Some older roofs can sustain damage from only 50 mph winds. Several factors will determine the severity of roof damage: the height of the building and proximity to nearby structures, the quality of work by the original installers, the shape and angle of the roof, the age and type of roofing materials, and the impact from debris.
For emergency services
Disaster Response Services
Roof Emergency Sealing
Shrink Wrap Roofing
Roof Tarp Solutions
Hail Damage Repair
Wind Damage Repair
Water Damage Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Windows & Doors
Flood Damage Repair
Learn More About RestoreMasters
Certified & Accredited Restoration Specialists
- $10 Million General Liability Insurance
- Bonding Capacity up to $50 Million
- OSHA Safety Trained
- Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- Inc 5000 Company
- Certified General Contractor
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Compliance Depot Certified Vendor
- EPA Lead Safe Certified Contractor
- Owens Corning Preferred Contractor
- GAF Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator
- Union Corrugating Commercial Contractor of the Year
- Berridge Certified Installer
- Verisco Authorized Flat Roof Installer
- Verea Preferred Platinum Elite Installer
- Ironstone Master Artisan
- Conklin Preferred Contractor